Deja vu?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
lek

Deja vu?

Post by lek »

What exactly is it?

For the longest time, I can remember having some very strange feelings.

For instance, waking up in the morning, not specifically remembering a dream, but knowing it had happened, certain of that fact. Then some time down the road, I'll do something, enter a building, talk with a friend, a brief event and it will flash that I'd seen this/done this before.

It's a very strange feeling. I can't even nail it down as to say that it even feels like deja vu, in that it gives me the feeling of, "Oh, I've been here before." It's more like, "I've seen this before."

One instance that comes to mind is a conversation with a friend. Everything was normal, we were BSing like usual, and the topic shifted to something else. Midway in the conversation, I knew what he was about to say, like I'd heard it before. We were talking about an event that had recenly happened, his computer had crashed like a day earlier, and I hadn't spoken with him in a week until that day, so there's no way I could have had an inkling about his computer until he brought it up at that time.

Very weird like I said....any body think they know what this is? Or am I just nuts? :lol: Be honest, I won't take offense, I've been told that before :lol:

FYI, my sister always told me that in our old house where we grew up, she could sense a presence in the upstairs flat which had been unoccupied since the 1960s. I later found out from my mom, that her mother, my grandmother had identical feelings about that house, so much so that she would refuse to be in the house by herself.

I'm wondering if we're a family of nut cases or if something may be going on... :?
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Course you're not a family of nutcases, lek! Everyone is psychic, just some people are naturally open to it and others are less so. Maybe your family is just one of the more open ones.

There are many theories as to what deja vu is. Scientisty boffin types think that it is because the memory of what you are seeing goes straight into your subconscious, bypassing your conscious mind, and then a second later when your slightly slower conscious mind processes the information, it goes 'hang on, I've seen this before!' and voila! deja vu!

But I prefer to think that you have dreamed it before.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

If you're nuts then I'm nuts too :D

You're right when you say it's not déjá vu, déjá vu is when you get the feeling of being somewhere before and has a scientific explanation. It's because the left hand side of the brain works slower than the right hand side. So when you experience something that the right hand side acknowledges the left hand side takes a nano second (or such like ) to digest that same information giving the feeling that you have been there/done that/said that before, becuase, in a way you have.

What we experience Lek is more precognitive, as in dreaming things and then they happen, no matter how trivial the detail.
I know a lot of people experience this and I put it down to getting in tune with our subconcious selves.

hedge
lek

Post by lek »

I've heard the scientific explanation for it before as well. Only what I heard was that one half of your brain processes an event like a fraction of a second faster than the other half. So by the time the other half processes the same event, it feels like it's been there/done this before.

I could even accept that....but I've had inklings where when I started something, I'll know whether it's going to work out. I'll just know it immediately. It's entirely possible I'm reading too much into this, but the stuff with my sis and my grandmother is something I can't explain away so easily.

Maybe I'll start a thread in the 'ghosts, spirits' board on it.
lek

Post by lek »

hedgewitch wrote:If you're nuts then I'm nuts too :D

You're right when you say it's not déjá vu, déjá vu is when you get the feeling of being somewhere before and has a scientific explanation. It's because the left hand side of the brain works slower than the right hand side. So when you experience something that the right hand side acknowledges the left hand side takes a nano second (or such like ) to digest that same information giving the feeling that you have been there/done that/said that before, becuase, in a way you have.

What we experience Lek is more precognitive, as in dreaming things and then they happen, no matter how trivial the detail.
I know a lot of people experience this and I put it down to getting in tune with our subconcious selves.

hedge

Precognition....hmm...I have heard that term in passing. I never really knew what it was though. Might have to look into it more. Thanks for the info :)

That is just what it sounds like happens with me. It might not be an earth shaking event, just small things even but the fact that I know I've dreamt something, but am unable to put my finger on it until that event 'happens' is interesting.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

:D
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

I believe "deja-vu" is a dream you had the night before but dnt remember it until you see somet that jogs your memory.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Lunacreek

Post by Lunacreek »

MM,
would the precognition work like what I experienced. When I was about 7 years old I worried what my life would be like. One night I dreamed my whole life & since then I've experienced times where I think whoa this was in my dream, like I remembered certain timelines to know I was on the right track where I was suppose to be from my dream. I saw my first date as a start, When I come across certain places they go hazy like my dream & its as if I'm seeing that part of the dream again but I'm actually seeing it in real life but remembering this from the dream.
Hope this makes sense.

Lunacreek
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

its annoying when you dream of a place then visit it like in reality
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Lunacreek wrote:MM,
would the precognition work like what I experienced. When I was about 7 years old I worried what my life would be like. One night I dreamed my whole life & since then I've experienced times where I think whoa this was in my dream, like I remembered certain timelines to know I was on the right track where I was suppose to be from my dream. I saw my first date as a start, When I come across certain places they go hazy like my dream & its as if I'm seeing that part of the dream again but I'm actually seeing it in real life but remembering this from the dream.
Hope this makes sense.

Lunacreek
Yes that does make sense Luna, and that is exactly what precognitive is :D

hedge
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i read an interesting article on collective thoeries about Deja vu. my favourite was that is a memory of a past life that you are currently feeling familiararity too. same things also but applying to this life.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”