Herbal remedy for sore cold symptoms?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Mal

Herbal remedy for sore cold symptoms?

Post by Mal »

Such as nasal congestion, sore throat, and chest congestion individually? I want to collect some remedies and put them in my BOS before the cold and flu season creeps up. Oh and does anyone know a good remedy for strengthening the immune system? Thank you and BB! (Sorry if I sound confusing; I have a hard time wording things).
Holdasown

Re: Herbal remedy for sore cold symptoms?

Post by Holdasown »

For colds I put honey, ginger and cloves in my tea.

For sore throat:
http://www.bakeaholicmama.com/2011/12/h ... drops.html

These are great:
http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com ... disks.html
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Mallow helps sore throat.
Ginger helps with colds and sore throat as well.
Sideritis scardica is excellent for all kinds of colds, Salvia too.
A mixture of ginger root, honey and lemon (a jar of honey, one lemon, sliced and 2 cm of ginger root, cut in small pieces) is a great immune system stimulant (I give this to my 6 year old daughter since she was 3, 1 tablespoon a day in the winter).
Propolis tincture is known to have great immune system stimulant effect. As it doesn't taste very good, you can drop some of it on a lump of sugar.
Becky b

Post by Becky b »

I would also add when you have had a hot bath put honey on ur feet some warm socks overnight

Post by Karma »

Echinacea is great to help get rid of a cold as it stimulates your immune system. Have it as tea or you can even get tablets if that's what you're looking for. Another great herbal remedy is ginger, again you can have it as tea or I usually make a soup with chicken, ginger and chili flakes - it is amazing at clearing your nasal passages and helping you breathe again.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

2 drops of:
thyme
tea-tree oil
4 drops:
lemon oil
1 drop:
eucalyptus oil

either put this into a small container and inhale kinda like a vapor rub almost, or place in your bath, dont do this if your nauseas or if you have a fever, but this is what i do and it helps alot lol

oh and most dont know but just sipping on pineapple juice throughout the day actually helps sore throats.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”