strange question about magick

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
drago25

strange question about magick

Post by drago25 »

anyone know if aniexty or stress can cause problems with casting spells that normally do work ?

I'm just wondering since the past couple of spells that normally never fail have been failing :? and thats the only problems i can think of
Heartsong

Re: strange question about magick

Post by Heartsong »

I think it certainly can have an effect. When I'm stressed, I find that my ability to focus is severely hampered. I'm not as accurate in divinations or spellwork, my mind will wander to what's bothering me. I can't think, much less concentrate on a spell, when I'm anxious about something, which is pretty often these days. I use a grounding exercise to kind of find some kind of calm. It's usually only after that I can perform divination or spellwork. I've noticed better result if I try to ground myself than if I try to just bull my way through my negative emotions. I believe that the elements, and the gods, I call upon during rituals can easily pick up on how imbalanced I feel, and don't respond in the same way.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Heartsong gave an excellent explanation as to why stress can hamper a spell's effectiveness.

In our fast paced world it's so easy and common place to get stressed out. That's why meditation and having effective 'coping' skills are so important. Things like traditional meditation, moving meditation, exercise, singing, playing an instrument etc go a long way to combating stress & negative influences in our lives. They help purge the soul and reinforce the aura making it stronger against negative psychic influences.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
drago25

Post by drago25 »

thank you for the help sorry i havent replied in a while my internet kept going down every time i tried to do anything online though that problem is fixed now
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Yes Stress can defintely have an effect on spellwork. When I am uptight or stressed before i do any spell I will meditate first so my mind is clear and I can better focus. Spell casting while you are not clear minded and focused has proven to have adverse or even no effects on magick.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Anything that might effect focus or energy is going to be a problem. Try a vinegar and salt bath then mediation to relax and focus. Wash off the days build up of gunk and then try.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”