Sleep paralysis?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Rainbowkiss

Sleep paralysis?

Post by Rainbowkiss »

I was downstairs sleeping on my couch. When I woke up I couldn't move. A sense of fear took me. I began hallucinating, the sound of my dog sounded like demonic growling. When I stared into my kitchen, three shady people were raiding my fridge and I could hear the sound of laughter. All this was over in a terrifying 10 minutes, but it seemed like hours. Could this have been sleep paralysis?
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Sounds more like hypnagogic / hypnopompic hallucination perhaps. Common experience for many, occurring at onset of sleep or upon waking.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I had it too.. But something was there.. Not sleep paralysis ..
Found objects moved around on the table next to me from where I remember setting them up a certain way... And felt something wake me up, right before being pushed down, and voice gone...

Ughh.. Never ever want to feel that sort of evil again.
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Yes sounds like sleep paralysis. I've had it more than a few times years ago. I've experienced visual hallucinations (seeing a shadow man) and auditory hallucinations (heard an old woman).

That said, I'm still not convinced by its scientific explanation. I remember watching a documentary on this involving a behavioral psychologist who experiences sleep paralysis. Can't find the link though :-( If I remember correctly, he thinks that the scientific explanations of sleep paralysis does not explain all the hallucinations associated with it, and that it is still too early to discount the experience of sleep paralysis as purely scientific.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Yes as MoM said, Medical Science still can't explain completely the real nature of sleep paralysis. They've tried to explain this in terms of their own scientific perspective yet still, they are understandable.

Some folks believe sleep paralysis like nightmare is also a type of astral projection gone bad. When the astral body leaves the physical body, the person can't move because part of him/her (mental body, soul) goes with it. It's like the driver who gets out of his car. The car can't move by itself without the driver of course.

If this is true, then I reckon one who is experiencing this is perhaps connecting with the collective consciousness, parallel realities, alternate realities and selves but are negative in nature as it causes fear and someone to be paralyzed. All the sensations one is perceiving during the exploration of the etheric body in other consciousness and realties are received by the a sensory receptor called proprioceptor which is found mainly in the muscle, tendons, and joints that detects movement or vibration, even though he/she actually is quite stationary in his/her bed.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
MistressOfTheMoon

Sleep paralysis?

Seraphin wrote:If this is true, then I reckon one who is experiencing this is perhaps connecting with the collective consciousness, parallel realities, alternate realities and selves but are negative in nature as it causes fear and someone to be paralyzed.
It is interesting you mentioned this because at about the same time I had recurring sleep paralysis, I was studying the occult but was generally in a negative state. I was depressed for starters. In one of my episodes, I was conscious enough to remember that one can use sleep paralysis to achieve astral projection by taking advantage of the conscious state. I was able to successfully astral project in this one time, and was able to confirm the things that I saw minutes later in my waking state.

I stopped practicing witchcraft altogether soon after that, and slowly got back my usual positive state. The sleep paralysis went away, and haven't experienced it since then despite bouts of depression and depressive states, and returning to my pagan path.

I am curious Rainbowkiss, are you experiencing a negative life experience when you had sleep paralysis?

My experience has made me believe that it was a case of "like attracts like" for me. So I want to know if this could be the case with you as well.
~ Ada S.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

How about the experence of "hearing" an orange light flip on, then feeling something grab your ankkle and drag you down the bed. I would have said sleep paralysis/nightmare, but I actually found myself several inches down the bed. I also developed a lesion on my ankle after that, which was consistent with. Morgellon's syndrome.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
MistressOfTheMoon

SnowCat wrote:How about the experence of "hearing" an orange light flip on, then feeling something grab your ankkle and drag you down the bed. I would have said sleep paralysis/nightmare, but I actually found myself several inches down the bed. I also developed a lesion on my ankle after that, which was consistent with. Morgellon's syndrome.
Snow
Yeah it doesn't sound like sleep paralysis to me. Even though you were conscious of your surroundings, there was movement involved and you found yourself inches down your bed. With sleep paralysis, the victim usually remains still in his/her sleep and could only move his eyes and eyelids. Your experience might have been paranormal, but it's hard to tell.
~ Ada S.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

It doesn't sound sleep paralysis to me either but there are many possibilities. Perhaps there's spirit that is trying to contact you in your sleep or perhaps a negative entity is present. I believe that everyone does have the power to rid themselves of negative entities, and that it does start inside ourselves.

If I'm experiencing something like that, there are two hings I would definitely do. First is to ground myself before sleeping. And second, though it's only a temporary fix I believe it will help me to know what level of infestation I have if I'm going to circle my bed with salt and the outside of my room as well.

The wearing of any wheel necklace also has helped many folks whom I know experienced sleep paralysis.

There's a lots of work has got to be done actually. A journal should be kept to help determine exactly what is going on.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”