The Wicked Garden

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Farore

The Wicked Garden

Post by Farore »

The Wicked Garden by Lenora Henson.
"A prophecy brought them together. A curse tore them apart. Gretchel Shea is a beautiful woman with a lovely family, a gorgeous house, and a country-club membership. As far as her neighbors are concerned, she’s living the dream. It’s just that the dream she’s living is not her own, and a nightmare festers beneath all the luxury. Eli Stewart has never gotten over Gretchel. He’s spent the seventeen years since she left him building the semblance of a life, but a chance encounter unsettles him from this comfortably numb existence, stirs memories he’s tried to bury, and compels him to seek out his lost love. As Gretchel and Eli stumble towards each other, forces—human and otherwise—rally to keep them apart. Will they find the strength to create their own future, or will they succumb to a cycle of violence that reverberates through the centuries? The first volume in a multi-generational saga with roots in the witch trials of the 1600's, The Wicked Garden explores the role of mythic resonance and familial inheritance in our lives, and asks if it’s possible for the present to heal the past"

The description makes it sound so much more silly than it is. I bought this book yesterday, started it today, and finished it this evening. I could not put it down. I love the characters, and I love how real the characters seemed. And even though it is all fiction, and some of the magic isn't exactly possible, so much of it seemed dead on. As if the writer herself is Pagan and knows the lifestyle very well, she very well may be, I'm not sure. At first it took a little bit to get into it, it just sort of confused me in the prologue and everything. But then you get to the main character's and slowly things start falling into place and a lot of questions get answered. Not all! Which is why I'm dying to buy the next book, but it's just great. I usually have very picky taste in topics, and writing styles, and very seldom find a book I just can't put down, but this is one of them. The first in a very long time. I recommend it to any of you.... Mature audiences only, a couple of sexual scenes later on in the story.

If you have read it, or read it let me know what you think! :)

Return to “Book Reviews”