Robin Williams

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Pinkpower_80

Robin Williams

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I feel like I have been gutted! I know it seems silly to be so upset over the death of someone you don't know, but I am so heartbroken about his suicide. :( I keep thinking of the movie he did, one of my favorite movies, "What Dreams May Come". I feel so badly for him that he felt so much pain that he had to leave this way. I hope he is finally able to find some peace. I also wish for peace for his family. Suicide is about the worst possible way to lose someone you love. My Mamaw shot herself almost 20 years ago, and I am still not over it. It hits me every single day and brings me to tears.

Rest in Peace Robin, you will be missed.
Shub Niggurath

Re: Robin Williams

Post by Shub Niggurath »

-

I'm heartbroken too. He was such a warm person, radiating with pure kindness. I remember him the most from "Awakenings" movie. Hope he found his peace at last! Rest in peace, Robin!

(Source: "Awakenings")
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I almost started crying when I heard about it. Of course I never knew him, but I feel as though I've lost a dear friend. ): I really hope he's found peace now.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just goes to show you, when people are depressed, you never know what will happen.
I am so very saddened by this, the depth of dispare he had to have been feeling, just crushes me. I so wish he could have been able to reach out to someone.
We have lost such a talent today, the man was phenomenal. I can't think of a bad movie he was in.
Sorry about your mamaw Pink, the impact on the loved ones left behind is always so great. I would hope we could all think about them and the turmoil they will endure in the week, months and years to come, should the consideration ever cross our minds.
Rest with Peace dear Robin, you have no idea how much you will be missed,.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

firebirdflys wrote:Just goes to show you, when people are depressed, you never know what will happen.
I am so very saddened by this, the depth of dispare he had to have been feeling, just crushes me. I so wish he could have been able to reach out to someone.
We have lost such a talent today, the man was phenomenal. I can't think of a bad movie he was in.
Sorry about your mamaw Pink, the impact on the loved ones left behind is always so great. I would hope we could all think about them and the turmoil they will endure in the week, months and years to come, should the consideration ever cross our minds.
Rest with Peace dear Robin, you have no idea how much you will be missed,.
FF
That was beautiful, firebird. I have been deeply suicidal before, but thankfully I got the help I needed before I did something permanent. It took quite a few months in psychiatric hospitals, but it was worth it. On a rare occasion the thought will creep it's way back in, especially when I was severely depressed not too long ago. I held on to the thought that it would destroy my loved ones if I did something like that. That is what got me through the darkest times.
Reaching is is hard at first, but it's the right thing to do.
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:That was beautiful, firebird. I have been deeply suicidal before, but thankfully I got the help I needed before I did something permanent. It took quite a few months in psychiatric hospitals, but it was worth it. On a rare occasion the thought will creep it's way back in, especially when I was severely depressed not too long ago. I held on to the thought that it would destroy my loved ones if I did something like that. That is what got me through the darkest times.
Reaching is is hard at first, but it's the right thing to do.
Thank you for getting help. <3 Depression is a tough battle and in my experiences it's one of the most toxic things to deal with. I'm happy you're still here.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Thank you, Aderyn. :fairy: I am too :)
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

A yellow candle for the golden spirit that brought smiles as bright as the sun. Thank you Robin.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

He is my favorite actor, I love
his humor and wish I was so quick
witted as he is !
Of all the pics I've seen of him lately,
there is no suicide in his eyes !
I cannot believe he did this !
This suicide I believe is a cover-up,
but with all that money to cover
up any other marks. I cannot believe
it is possible to place a belt over
a door and hang yourself...
AND, what wife would leave a house
without checking in on their hubby ?
No matter how an argument may
have been you still check in on better
half ! My opinion...
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm def not knocking your opinion because there will never be a clear answer as to what was really happening in his life and at the time of death. But I will say this, when I was younger, my best friend tried to kill herself... Thank god she failed, she is my best friend to this day. I have many pictures of us in the months, and even days, leading up to this event and I promise you I never saw "suicide in her eyes." I never saw it in her behavior. Sometimes depression just is not visible, no matter how hard we go back and try to find the signs.
Whatever happened, whether it be suicide or if this is a cover up, it has generated a lot of depression awareness. That alone is a positive for me... Depression is an ailment you can't see and unless you suffer from it, you will never truly understand it.

But at the end of the day, this is a topic about Robin. A man a had always wished was my weird uncle. I hope he is in peace. I hope he is laughing. And I truly hope he knows what a wonderful impact he has made in our world and that we love him so dearly.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

smogie_michele wrote: I have many pictures of us in the months, and even days, leading up to this event and I promise you I never saw "suicide in her eyes." I never saw it in her behavior. Sometimes depression just is not visible, no matter how hard we go back and try to find the signs.
Whatever happened, whether it be suicide or if this is a cover up, it has generated a lot of depression awareness. That alone is a positive for me... Depression is an ailment you can't see and unless you suffer from it, you will never truly understand it.

I understand what you're saying, I do...
Tho, you have to remember that when I read my cards
I read your eyes...
I can go along with him being depressed, that clearly
was in his eyes most of the time. He becomes someone
else when he's "working" (I don't believe he thought of
it as work!), and for a few minutes/hours/days depending
on what's being worked on...in that short period of time
the depression is not prevalent in his life.
He was a "master" of such a wit and humor I would only
compare(IMO), to George Carlin...also missed :~(
What I was looking for was sparks of regret and defeat...
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Red Light
MsMollimizz

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I agree, Smogie! I have seen and met people who I couldn't ever know was feeling that way. I'm empathic, and usually spot on with my feelings and I'll miss it. It just goes to show that you never can know, unless you are inside that person's mind and ARE that person themselves. I struggle with a lot of depression, and people don't ever notice - even those that do readings for me. It's something that is usually missed, which is interesting in itself. Usually it's those that seem the happiest, that are struggling the most on the inside.

It's very unfortunate what's happened. ): He was a role model of mine.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

[quote="Sakura Blossom"]I agree, Smogie! I have seen and met people who I couldn't ever know was feeling that way. I'm empathic, and usually spot on with my feelings and I'll miss it. It just goes to show that you never can know, unless you are inside that person's mind and ARE that person themselves. I struggle with a lot of depression, and people don't ever notice - even those that do readings for me. It's something that is usually missed, which is interesting in itself. Usually it's those that seem the happiest, that are struggling the most on the inside.
\

I think the reason why we don't detect it is because a lot of us are actively hiding it within.
I've been diagnosed with clinical depression for many years and t isn't something I usually want people to know about me right off. The only time anyone has brought it up in a reading of me is when I was wanting advice on it.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That's very true! Sometimes, I believe, we can trick our inner-selves/souls/etc. into believing it too even if it's not true. I've just been pretending and putting up a front for so long, that I think I've started to believe it. Which, MAY be a good thing, because if you believe it then maybe you'll start to feel it. (:

MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

No one's perfect,
least of all me...

Return to “In Memory Of...”