Parents....again

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
power_within

Parents....again

Post by power_within »

I think anyway. You can look back on teen concerns and see that I posted a problem with my parents in february. Well now they've decided to split up and I'm ok with that. But I live with my moms parents and they've never liked my dad too much(I never understood why, hes a really good person) anyway lately they've been bad mouthing him a lot. And I feel so helpless to my parents and sisters since I'm soo far away. My mom moved out and she working two jobs but it doesn't seem to do anything. My dad can't work he has really really really bad wrists(theres like no cartilage between the bones) workmans comp. cut him off, he can't get welfare cause my mom makes too much money and legally they're still married. Anyway now that I've explained most of it I'll tell you my problem. I can't sleep in the last week and a half I've got like 5 or 6 hours of sleep...and it wasn't even restful. I go to school 8-3 and then from there work from 3:30-9:30 almost everyday and I am running out of energy. My boyfriends there for me as much as he can be but he doesn't have enough time right now. I was thinking of maybe making some tea with valerain root in it, to help calm my nerves so that I can sleep better. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

tell ur grandparents that it upsets you when they badmouth ur dad. If talking doesent help, i heard lavender is calming, maybe it would quell their tempers? i dont know muc, im new to magic, but that is my suggestion
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

I think telling your maternal granparents would be the best bet.If they care for you, telling them that bad mouthing your dad hurts you could get them to stop.
Abhishek
"The witch who can't hex, can't heal"
"Follow The Threefold Laws ye should,
Three times bad and three times good"
Kristofski

Post by Kristofski »

Camamile tea is great for getting to sleep, and it's easy to get as well. It might not be as strong as Valarian root (I've never had the tea but I took pills for a while laast year when I was having problems sleeping), but it's really nice. You could also try taking a hot bath with dried lavender (or lavender oil) and/or chamomile (you could just use the teabags even!) before you go to bed.
Hope this helps :)
Kristofski x
[Kristin]

Just some friendly advice...

Post by [Kristin] »

I speak as a separated Mom.
Have you told your mother about the "bad mouthing" of your father? Does she participate?
I never bad mouth my husband ( we are still legally married ) although it is VERY hard not to do it. I find myself biting my tongue whenever something comes up.
I do think that you need to say something. He is your father and you love him, it seems.
As a Mom, I strictly forbid any bad talk regarding my ex-husband. I have taken on everyone from friends to my own mother. Nobody is permitted to utter a bad word against him.
As for your sleeping problems, I have them too. The good news is that time does heal all wounds. If you can put a stop to the one problem perhaps it will help with your sleeping problems. Don't be afraid to speak up and tell your family that all of this is hurting you. They cannot be that insensitive to your feelings.
When the family falls apart, everybody gets hurt!!!
You are not alone. Please remember that.

Return to “Teen Concerns”