What to do with Offerings Afterwards

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Yex

What to do with Offerings Afterwards

Post by Yex »

This might seem like a silly basic question, but I was wondering what you do with offerings after a ritual is over. For example, if you make an offering to a given deity or spirit, what do you do afterwards? You obviously can't just leave it, for instance, on an altar in your house indefinitely.

What I do is empty the offering bowl outside as soon as the rite is done, and then make a small prayer along the lines of "Earth mother, may these offerings go to their respective recipients, and may you absorb what is left over".

Does this seem sufficient? Is there a protocol for this sort of thing? Sorry if this question has already been asked.
love is the whole and more than all
Echo_of_shadows

Re: What to do with Offerings Afterwards

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Here are our previous threads on this subject:
Disposal of ritual offerings: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26824
What happens to ritual offerings afterwards: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25532
When we say offerings?: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20265&p=153350#p153350

Personally, I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to make offerings. If you make an offerings and receive a positive vibe afterward, you're successful. If you don't get a good vibe, or any vibes at all, it doesn't mean you've done something wrong. It's just a sign to try something else.
Yex wrote:What I do is empty the offering bowl outside as soon as the rite is done, and then make a small prayer along the lines of "Earth mother, may these offerings go to their respective recipients, and may you absorb what is left over".
Sounds good to me. :)
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing broken links
Yex

Re: What to do with Offerings Afterwards

Post by Yex »

Thanks
love is the whole and more than all

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”