Haunted Hotel?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Queen of the Dead

Haunted Hotel?

Post by Queen of the Dead »

My mother and I own a small bed and breakfast, and that is where we live. My room is on the first floor, right near the front desk, so I can get to it quickly if anyone needs help. My mother isn't that great with English or French, so living in Canada is a bit difficult for her. She gets by though.

The place is quite nice, and a lot of tourists from different countries come here because it's cheap and quaint and away from the bustle of the inner city. We have a garden in the back and most of the time, it's very quiet.

In every room, the nightstands have a Bible in them like most hotels do, but they also have a journal in them, just so people have something to write down info if they're on a business trip or something.

One night, an Italian man came running to my room in tears because he said the nightstand was flung open and a Bible flew across the room to hit the wall. No other visitors heard anything like that. The journal, however, was untouched. I opened it (I was investigating since the guy was really cute and he seemed genuinely spooked by whatever had happened) and in scrawly all-caps hand-writing, the first page read

'IT'S TOO QUIET HERE'

and then something like a poem that was almost unreadable in Latin.

"Tu siccabitur
ut oculos sydereos
solum intuitum
super specula, confringetur."

I believe the translation is

"You wither
as starry eyes
only stare back
at broken mirrors."

This kind of freaked me out more than hearing about a book that was thrown across the room. It really gets me, especially because I don't understand it. Does anyone have an idea of what this could mean?
Happiness is hiding so you can appreciate it more when you find it. Keep looking.

Lana || Pansexual || Witch of Persephone and Hades || Eclectic Pantheist

Can't wait for Yule!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Haunted Hotel?

Post by SnowCat »

The translation I got was "You only wither as starry eyes gaze back over glasses broken." I live in a state that has its share of haunted hotels. The Standley, in Estes Park, probably being the most famous. Thank you Stephen King. I would research the history of the dwelling. I'm guessing that you're in Quebec somewhere. Some places have just had so very very many events happen in the area, that a lot of residual energy has built up and has to go somewhere. If I happen to see my friend the Trick Fox in the astral, I'll ask if he knows anything. He isn't as available since he passed from this world last year, but we still meet up occasionally.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm sorry, I don't read Latin, but I can tell you that a large majority of hotels I've stayed in have been haunted. I don't like to stay in hotels anymore because of it, and if I do, I'll only stay in newer hotels (though you can never know what was there before - even new buildings can be haunted).

So you seem to have a ghost. You can have a psychic medium or shaman come in and attempt to remove it for you. Or you could have paranormal investigators perform an investigation to see if they find evidence of the haunting.

Having a haunted B&B isn't all bad - it can actually attract business that you wouldn't otherwise have had. A lot of people are looking for haunted places to stay. Just list your B&B on websites that offer lists of haunted places and hotels.

Here are some Google results for "Quebec paranormal investigators".

Here's a website that offers a list of investigators in Canada.

The investigators can probably recommend a psychic who can remove the spirit for you if that's what you want.
Queen of the Dead

I'm not sure if I'd like to remove the spirit, considering it is mostly the reason a lot of people want to come here, like Starwitch mentioned.

I have called paranormal investigators in the past, and they were scared a lot and said that 'the spirit did not want peace.' I think they meant that there was nothing keeping the ghost away from reaching the afterlife, but it stayed anyway. They said it wasn't violent, but it wasn't trying to tell us anything- it was more likely trying to scare us. They said it didn't want the land back either, it doesn't care about the land. They were cryptic about it, and left quickly. I thought they were scammers at first, but as they left, they told me I 'didn't have to pay them.'

It was weird. I'm more curious about the poem's meaning than anything.
Happiness is hiding so you can appreciate it more when you find it. Keep looking.

Can't wait for Yule!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Haunted Hotel?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

That is really crazy! Are you sure no guests wrote it? Maybe you could market as a haunted hotel. Some people pay big money to go and get the poop scared out of them! I did when I was about 18.
Queen of the Dead

Yeah, I think we might do that. *evil laughter*

Can't wait for Yule!
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Could it have been a demon? I can't see paranormal investigaters scared of ghosts, considering their experiences with them. Anyone could be terrified by a demon. Have you considered that?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

MoonFlowerMary wrote:Could it have been a demon? I can't see paranormal investigaters scared of ghosts, considering their experiences with them. Anyone could be terrified by a demon. Have you considered that?
I was thinking maybe a human trash heap. Sometimes, when people feel powerful negative or positive emotions, it piles up and becomes a spirit of its own, if you will. They can be REALLY nasty.
Queen of the Dead

Whatever this is seems more interested in doing it's own thing instead of hurting people, so I think it's okay for now.

Can't wait for Yule!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”