Yourself?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Elem

Yourself?

Post by Elem »

Whilst I realise that for more 'complex' paths, such as Wicca, that involve specific rituals or practises.. You can't just simply learn it all through trial and error, or from yourself.

However, with paths such as my own that deal with energy at a more base level, you can often learn a lot when you take the time to look at, and question, yourself.

Just my two cents :).

Elem
Nyte_Wytch

Re: Yourself?

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Elem wrote:Whilst I realise that for more 'complex' paths, such as Wicca, that involve specific rituals or practises.. You can't just simply learn it all through trial and error, or from yourself.

However, with paths such as my own that deal with energy at a more base level, you can often learn a lot when you take the time to look at, and question, yourself.

Just my two cents :).

Elem
Ok--I'll bite. What is your path? You caught my attention with this post ;o)
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
Elem

Post by Elem »

Hm.. Bizarre.. I can't actually remember why I started this thread. I must be losing my mind :|.

But nonetheless, to answer your question, I'm an Elementalist. There's a thread (here: http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=2980) in which I've described a lot of what I believe and the way I practice this path.. If you want to have a read :).

Just let me know if you want to know any more.

Elem
Nyte_Wytch

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

Elem wrote:Hm.. Bizarre.. I can't actually remember why I started this thread. I must be losing my mind :|.

But nonetheless, to answer your question, I'm an Elementalist. There's a thread (here: http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=2980) in which I've described a lot of what I believe and the way I practice this path.. If you want to have a read :).

Just let me know if you want to know any more.

Elem
Thanks, I'll have a look ;o)
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I agree with you Elem. I think that we can learn a lot from ourselves if we only stop and take the time to do it. I'll throw some quotes at you, I think you might like them :lol:
Without self-knowledge, we cannot go beyond the mind.
I am not in the world; the world is in me."
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
Elem

Post by Elem »

Thank you, scifichick :). They're great quotes!

Once again, I apologise for the abstractness of this thread. As I've said, I genuinely can't remember why I started it! :lol:

Elem
wiccan_butterfly

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

well im not quite sure what i am just quite yet, i believe im ecletic, ( i think thats how you spell it) and here is some more info on it:

http://lotuspond.silentblue.net/wicca/w ... ectic.html
Elem

Post by Elem »

Thanks, WB. Will have a read of it later :).

Elem
wiccan_butterfly

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

okay, i find it to be very intresting about many things

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”