The truth about GMOs is finally out !

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
MsMollimizz

The truth about GMOs is finally out !

Post by MsMollimizz »

It is now blatantly obvious that genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are nothing more than patented Pesticide Delivery Systems (PDS) designed to increase sales of poisonous agrochemicals such as Roundup, glufosinate, Bt, 2,4 D and neonicotinoids. To claim that GMOs are perfectly safe is equivalent to saying that pesticides, herbicides and fungicides—systemically laced at ever-higher levels into GMO-tainted human food and animal feed—are perfectly safe. And to make matters worse, hundreds of millions of pounds of Monsanto’s Roundup, the most widely used herbicide in the world, are now routinely sprayed on 160 different crops, just before harvest, including wheat, potatoes, oats, canola, flax, peas and dried beans. In other words, just about every non-organic item in your supermarket, or every item on your restaurant menu (bread, potatoes, meat, milk) is now tainted with Roundup.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/12-ways-to- ... z3PUx3IQ3G

Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: The truth about GMOs is finally out !

Post by AdastraJunction »

Yet another reason I only eat the fruits and vegetables I grow with my aquaponics set up. Nothing I eat has pesticides, no meat that I eat is force fed, antibiotic free, and cage free (I love knowing farmers!). I don't drink milk only coconut or almond milk and some soy. If I make anything that needs milk I drive several hours to a farm with a cooler for the fresh milk that I use right away.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I wish I could afford to do that !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

GMOs are the reason that monarch butterflies, once extremely common when I was a child, are now endangered. Because of GMOs, farmers can now spray their fields to eradicate milkweed, the sole food of the monarch caterpillar.

I buy organic, as much as I can afford it. I garden organically. And now, I purposely plant and raise milkweed. I planted an entire flat of milkweed last spring in a bed devoted exclusively to milkweed. Sadly, I did not see a single monarch all season.

I am very angry that Congress in the USA has refused to require labeling of our food with GMO status. The only protection we have is to either buy organic or grow our own food.

I need to expand my garden. :)
Myrth

Return to “For Everyone”