I don't want to use my tarot cards

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Obsidian

I don't want to use my tarot cards

Post by Obsidian »

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone has had a similar experience or if they have any suggestions as to why this is happening.

I've been reading tarot cards for a little over a year now and in the beginning I would do readings for myself for anything and everything. I would of course take all the 'practical' steps for whatever the situation was but I would also do tarot readings to give myself an extra perspective on things.

In the last few months however, I've found that I don't want to use my cards to suggest the outcome of things- I would rather just let things play out and find out the outcome when it happens. For example, I have a court case coming up (some of you may have read my post some time ago about my noisy neighbors) and while before I would have welcomed a reading to inform me about anything and everything related to this, now I'm just happy to wait and see what happens.

I wonder if this is the 'honeymoon' period between my tarot cards and I wearing off or if it's maybe my intuition telling me when tarot will and won't be helpful. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I don't want to use my tarot cards

Post by Xiao Rong »

No, I think this is perfectly normal. Once I started to get the hang of divination, I also started to learn when sometimes I don't want to know the answer. I have to ask myself, "If the cards something I don't want to hear, do I want that hanging over my head influencing my decisions?" And if I say no to that question, then I won't ask the question. Yesterday night I was with my circle, and we were experimenting with pendulums. There were a number of questions that came to mind that I realized I didn't actually want to know the answer to (e.g. "Will my mom be able to leave my dad safely?" If the pendulum said no, it would haunt me for the next several months). So I wound up asking something relatively innocuous and one that wouldn't bother me too much.

Divination is great if it gives you the power to deal with the future in a deliberate, conscious way. Some people find it empowering to know the future (in which case, divine away!). Others find that knowing the future takes away their power (I feel this way sometimes). If it's not empowering, then you should avoid asking the question.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: I don't want to use my tarot cards

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Xiao Rong wrote:No, I think this is perfectly normal. Once I started to get the hang of divination, I also started to learn when sometimes I don't want to know the answer. I have to ask myself, "If the cards something I don't want to hear, do I want that hanging over my head influencing my decisions?" And if I say no to that question, then I won't ask the question. Yesterday night I was with my circle, and we were experimenting with pendulums. There were a number of questions that came to mind that I realized I didn't actually want to know the answer to (e.g. "Will my mom be able to leave my dad safely?" If the pendulum said no, it would haunt me for the next several months). So I wound up asking something relatively innocuous and one that wouldn't bother me too much.

Divination is great if it gives you the power to deal with the future in a deliberate, conscious way. Some people find it empowering to know the future (in which case, divine away!). Others find that knowing the future takes away their power (I feel this way sometimes). If it's not empowering, then you should avoid asking the question.
Diddo! I get the exact same way sometimes!

Return to “General Divination”