Beltane! :D

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
FireRaven

Beltane! :D

Post by FireRaven »

My favorite Sabbat(next to Samhain) is coming!

I'm already planning. Oatcakes for the ritual, white altar cloth, rose and vanilla incense, and I'm going to see which corresponding flowers will grow here in the desert.

Also breaking out the ribbon and my faerie figurines, of course. :3

I may try my hand at making a little fairy garden underneath our grapefruit tree.

So, what are everyone's plans/ideas? :D
Blackthorn

Re: Beltane! :D

Post by Blackthorn »

That sounds delightful FireRaven.. would you be able to post a photo of your Altar when you're done decorating?

I don't have anything big planned yet, but I do always have flowers on my altar, and plan to have some mini offering cakes, charms and faerie dust around.

Your faerie garden idea sounds fantastic!
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

I don't even know yet! I haven't done a whole lot for sabbats in recent years. But I'm excited to try to remedy that this year. I did make pink lemonade cupcakes one year, decorated with maypoles out of saltwater taffy. :D
FireRaven

Post by FireRaven »

Blackthorn, I would be more than happy to post pictures! :D Currently painting the living room walls so everything's moved around a bit but it'll all be back in order soon.

I found some candles I made a long time ago with red roses on them, so they're on the altar now. :)

Thistle, do you have pictures of the cupcakes? They sound adorable! I bet they were tasty too. :D
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

I have a picture somewhere. lol Someone with more artistic talent probably could have done better haha but my bf said it tasted good! (I don't like cake...so he ate them lol)
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

I've already made a flower chandelier, my very first one! It makes me happy to see it swaying in the breeze. :)
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Exciting news everybody! My Christian mother and grandmother said they would like to be involved in my beltane ritual and festivities! My mom practiced when she was my age. But I have a question, if my family are Christians, can they still be involved in my circle❔
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

If they are open to the idea of being in a circle, then absolutely.
FireRaven

Post by FireRaven »

Cinnamon broom ordered! Going to get red and white ribbon this week. Still working on a menu and a ritual. :)
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Vesca wrote:If they are open to the idea of being in a circle, then absolutely.
awesome, because my mom is excited. not as excited as i am, but excited.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
FireRaven

Post by FireRaven »

The fact that she's excited is a good thing! :) It's great that she wants to be involved.
Herzen

Post by Herzen »

I'm really excited for Beltane too !

I'm going to do Beltane Eve's with my little sister and Beltane with a few of my pagan friends. We plan to do some bracelets, some May mat, a little ritual and a picnic if it's not rainy. I'm still looking for recipes :)
~ Disciple of Artemis ~
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

I have far too much studying to do to plan anything special. I come on the boards during my study breaks :-P

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”