Charm Bracelets are Excellent

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Obsidian

Charm Bracelets are Excellent

Post by Obsidian »

For years I resisted buying a charm bracelet (like the Pandora ones) because they're really popular and I don't like doing what everyone else is doing (I was a hipster before it was cool! :D ). But lately I have been struggling with my studies. I am one year away from finishing my PhD, but I've had a lot of hiccups along the way in several aspects of my life. My studies lost priority. I missed some deadlines and now I have to explain to my university why they shouldn't kick me out.

One day I was in a jewelry store that had its own charm bracelet range and came across a charm that relates to my PhD topic perfectly. So, after many years of resisting, I now have a charm bracelet with one charm on it. I charged it and I wear it everyday. Now it's my magical charm that reminds me and motivates me to carry on with my studies.

In the future, if I decide to buy other (magical) charms for my bracelet, no one will suspect a thing because these bracelets are mainstream. Wearing one won't identify me as a witch because I'm not out of the broom closet. What an excellent idea these charm bracelets are!
motherofcanines

Re: Charm Bracelets are Excellent

Post by motherofcanines »

That's great that you found something to motivate you in your studies. It's amazing all the different ways life can inspire us. Next time you feel a connection with an item, so what if it's a mainstream thing. If you like it that's all that matters. Don't worry what others will think. Good luck with your schooling :)
Kassandra

Re: Charm Bracelets are Excellent

Post by Kassandra »

Congrats, Obsidian. Just that you're wrapping up a Ph.D. program is an achievement in itself. And as for the distractions, life happens. It makes you you. Hey, so you're not an academic robot...that's great! :wink: I have really enjoyed your interactions and posts here at EUTM, and didn't realize that it was at a big sacrifice of your time for you to just to visit with us and post here. I know while I'm in school it's a fun distraction to talk pagan things here, really breaks up the monotony.

Your anecdote about the efficacy of the charm, thank you for sharing that. It is an inspiring testimonial of "practical magic." It reminds me of the "medicine gifts" of many native American spiritual traditions. A medicine person will advise a "patient" on what objects in the environment have "medicine" the person could use to ameliorate their problem. This medicine is often symbolic, and could also derive from the archetypal energy of an animal of some sort, "animal medicine."

I think these wonderful spiritual tools affect our subconscious minds, and instruct us with positive energy, filling in the psychological and emotional "gaps" wherever we are needing help at the moment. I think charm bracelets are an old relic of the human ability to heal one's own mind and heart, with a little fun, symbolic help.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”