Crystals for weight loss & life style change?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Autumn Jewel

Crystals for weight loss & life style change?

Post by Autumn Jewel »

I've struggled with my weight since I hit puberty at 12yrs old. While I know that genetics are ever so slightly to blame, I know my eating habits and life style are a big part of that. I've tried over the years, but working in fast food and retail with fast food joints just around the corner, not to mention my picky tastebuds, it's been a challenge. I love to eat out, and drink Coke (I practically live on it), but starting today I promised myself that that's going to change! But I think a little extra help won't hurt.

I plan on making elixirs with the crystals. Don't worry about toxicity, I don't put them directly in the water. Any suggestion?
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crystals for weight loss & life style change?

Post by Firebird »

I think quartz will boost your willpower, but off hand I don't know of one specific to weight loss.
I do know that when I cut soda out of my diet, I lost 10 lbs right away. But I also cut out anything that had high fructose in it. I've decided the body doesn't know how to process it properly so instead it stores it away, causing weight gain, and diabetic problems. I had been borderline for years. I just had a blood test that for the fisrt time since I quit the high fructose fell well below the the A1c marker for type 2 diabetes. I quit the soda intake about a year or so ago. Replaced it with sparkling lemon water...because I missed the bubbles! I cheat every now and then with a soda, but it has to be one that is made with plain sugar, no more high fructose corn syrup! My next step is switching to maple syrup or honey for sweetness and to banish sugar wherever possible!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Following because I had been wondering the same thing just the other night. I drink a Coke everyday, and it's so hard to stop!!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

The caffeine in the Coke is making it addictive, along with the sugar. I had a problem with coffee, drinking a lot before to 1 a day now. Caffeine is hard to get off :) What helped me was green tea - hot, cold, however you like it. It gave me the boost of energy without the caffeine.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

YanaKhan wrote:The caffeine in the Coke is making it addictive, along with the sugar. I had a problem with coffee, drinking a lot before to 1 a day now. Caffeine is hard to get off :) What helped me was green tea - hot, cold, however you like it. It gave me the boost of energy without the caffeine.
Umm do you realise how much caffeine there actually IS in green tea? Far more than in coke!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Try some Botswana Agate, it is very good for helping with addiction, also crystals like Red Jasper and Rose Quartz can help fight the urges. :) A tumblestone in the pocket then rub it when you feel the need.
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

YanaKhan wrote:The caffeine in the Coke is making it addictive, along with the sugar. I had a problem with coffee, drinking a lot before to 1 a day now. Caffeine is hard to get off :) What helped me was green tea - hot, cold, however you like it. It gave me the boost of energy without the caffeine.
Unfortunately hot tea doesn't sit well in my stomach, and as far as cold tea goes, unless it has sugar and lemon, I don't find it appealing. So that doesn't really help me much. There was a time I didn't drink soda at all for about 2 years, but I didn't drink other sugary beverages. I'm not a fan of water, especially in the morning hours. Again it doesn't sit well in my stomach.
Ivy wrote:Try some Botswana Agate, it is very good for helping with addiction, also crystals like Red Jasper and Rose Quartz can help fight the urges. :) A tumblestone in the pocket then rub it when you feel the need.
I actually just obtained a tumbled piece of Botswana Agate about a week ago. Had no idea what it was or why I was buying it, but it said "pick me"! I can't use rose quartz, it gives me wicked headaches. And the only red jasper I own resides in my portable altar.

citrine

Post by citrine »

What about Vogel-cut quartz or lemurian seed? (much cheaper) - their healing properties are excellent and they can be programmed easily...
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Ivy wrote: Umm do you realise how much caffeine there actually IS in green tea? Far more than in coke!
I was substituting coffee with green tea. The coke I think is addictive because the caffeine and sugar (not only caffeine). Green tea does contain caffeine, yes, but it also has antioxidants and is good for the stomach. Still, not everyone's cup of tea (no pun intended). I for one dislike black tea and love green tea, even though they are made of the same plant.

So anyway, the only liquid the body really craves is water. Probably you have some kind of sugar addiction and this is not an easy one to get off of too. I would try and use natural sweeteners like stevia or maple syrup. I don't know how they taste though, just suggesting. I know my father in law uses stevia and likes it, but can't tell if it's nice.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

YanaKhan wrote:
Ivy wrote:

So anyway, the only liquid the body really craves is water. Probably you have some kind of sugar addiction and this is not an easy one to get off of too. I would try and use natural sweeteners like stevia or maple syrup. I don't know how they taste though, just suggesting. I know my father in law uses stevia and likes it, but can't tell if it's nice.
Stevia isn't bad. I hardly every add sweetener to my coffee, but when I do I prefer to use stevia- tastes like real sugar. I have also been known to put a small bit of local honey in my coffee as a sweetener, especially during allergy season. It helps get you body use to all of the pollen and allergens out there :)

My body may be craving water, but my brain is usually SCREAMING for coffee. My fiance roasts and grinds coffee for a living, it is kind of hard to shake that addiction... so I'm not even going to fight it. I've kicked my soda habits to the curb, I have cut out dressings and fried food... let me have my coffee ;)

Also, when I was starting to cut out some of the unhealthier foods during meals, I found that it helped me to pray over it. I would say something along the lines of "that you for this food that will nourish my body and soul and give me energy and strength." Knowing that I was going to say that made it a bit easier to cut out the fries and cokes, or else it would have been silly to me to say it. If not, I may as well have been saying "Thanks for this food that will make me feel bloated for a while and give me a heart attack eventually!" lol
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Several years ago I went Cold Turkey no sugar.
In as little as 3 days any desire for sugar was pretty much gone. I was shocked.
Bb, FF

Yum...black coffee :D
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

firebirdflys wrote:Several years ago I went Cold Turkey no sugar.
In as little as 3 days any desire for sugar was pretty much gone. I was shocked.
Bb, FF

Yum...black coffee :D
The body then has used up its reserves and switches to ketosis
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

After consulting my pendulum, I come up with Clear Quartz, Botswana Agate, Sodalite, Amethyst, Black Kyanite, Sunstone, Rainbow Moonstone with Black Tourmaline. But my pendulum is telling me I need 5 more crystals. This is shaping up to be a powerful elixir! Any more suggestions? Hopefully it's something I have that I haven't thought of yet because my funds are limited and my local new age store has a limited selection.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Walking helps, lots of walking.
FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

firebirdflys wrote:Walking helps, lots of walking.
FF
Don't worry, I've got that part covered. My mom has a tread climber that she's currently not using, so I've claimed it. smiley_dance I wouldn't mind walking outside, but there's too many major roads and weirdos walking those roads around here.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”