Dreams about Tornadoes

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
AthenaLaReina

Dreams about Tornadoes

Post by AthenaLaReina »

If this is the wrong section to post about this, let me know. I'm new so I'm still getting to know the layout.

So, I'll start by saying I'm a Libra/ Scorpio cusp. Mainline astrology says I'm a Libra. As an air sign, I've always felt a deep connection with the weather.

Within the past year, I've had numerous dreams about Tornadoes. Ever since I was a kid, I've been slightly obsessed with them. Movies like Twister, footage of them, everything.

These dreams usually include me getting both nervous and excited about seeing the storms. Typically inclusive of my parents and grandparents. In fact, the only reason for nervousness is fear for my family, not myself. Whether I'm driving in a car or at our house, the tornado always hits us head on, destroying everything. But we all come out alive and grateful for this. We reunite at the end of the dream. I always am thrilled to have these dreams. Once I know everyone is safe, I'm sad to see the cyclone go and disappear.

I've done lots of research about dream meanings and symbolism. But I wanted to get some new perspectives. The dreams are recurring, at least once every few months. Is this some sort of nature spirit I am connected to or or is there a message I'm missing? Just wondering about the thoughts of others.

Much thanks!
Best wishes to the best witches!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Dreams about Tornadoes

Post by SnowCat »

There are some deities associated with tornadoes. It could be that one of them is contacting you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

SnowCat wrote:There are some deities associated with tornadoes. It could be that one of them is contacting you.

Snow
Yea I've thought about that. Maybe I should do more research about those entities. Any idea for good keywords to research regarding that?
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

Okay, so some things I came up with. .. Whirlwind Woman, a native American spirit. Something stirs in my chest when I read about her.

Aiolos. Greek god of the winds. The winds were horses, me thinks.

Oya. African orisha of storms and a hunter, not a traditional woman.

Just some stuff that came into an initial search.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

Dream dictionary has this to say about tornados in dreams:

If you dream that you are in a tornado, you will be filled with disappointment and perplexity over the miscarriage of studied plans for swift attainment of fortune.

Tornado is a violent storm in nature, and it may represent violent emotional storms in your dreams.

If you have reoccurring tornado dreams consider the emotional changes in your life and also the amount of anger and rage that you may be currently experiencing.

Tornadoes could also represent disruptions and upsets in you immediate environment and specific or current issues that may be overwhelming.

Tornadoes in dreams suggest you are very angry about a current situation and are afraid to express your feelings - which you need to do - for fear of hurting others.

(Idream)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I remember a dream I had about a tornado. It came down the driveway, but missed my car. Dreams are pretty wild sometimes.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

WiccanWitch wrote:Dream dictionary has this to say about tornados in dreams:

If you dream that you are in a tornado, you will be filled with disappointment and perplexity over the miscarriage of studied plans for swift attainment of fortune.

Tornado is a violent storm in nature, and it may represent violent emotional storms in your dreams.

If you have reoccurring tornado dreams consider the emotional changes in your life and also the amount of anger and rage that you may be currently experiencing.

Tornadoes could also represent disruptions and upsets in you immediate environment and specific or current issues that may be overwhelming.

Tornadoes in dreams suggest you are very angry about a current situation and are afraid to express your feelings - which you need to do - for fear of hurting others.

(Idream)
Yes. I have read these symbolism, and have considered them. On a multitude of sites. However, I don't feel fear over these dreams. The thing is that none of the occurrences within the dreams even have negative feelings or outlooks attached to them. Not even the destruction of our homes. Just gratitude really.

This is why I am wondering about what others have to say. I've been reading into some stuff about entities contacting. I haven't even really been angry. Just wanting the best for people I care about and making ends meet on my end.

The general dream symbolism doesn't seem to satisfy something, and I'm not getting it.

I do appreciate your post and input though. smileylove
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

SnowCat wrote:I remember a dream I had about a tornado. It came down the driveway, but missed my car. Dreams are pretty wild sometimes.

Snow
Oh yea, I agree. Generally I can take most of them at face value. These are just recurring and vivid and regular.

Most of the time, my dreams are kind of goofy. :p
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I'm fascinated by weather. Tornados in my book would be a thrill seeking experience so I think your own personal context definitely plays a role.
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

WiccanWitch wrote:I'm fascinated by weather. Tornados in my book would be a thrill seeking experience so I think your own personal context definitely plays a role.
Yes! Its not at all a negative thing in my book. Idk. Maybe I should give an account of the dreams? They're weird but cool.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

Sure why not?
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

Okay.

The first one was me and two of my sisters were driving in the car. Me being the one driving, so we see a cyclone up ahead. I make the decision to park at this fancy, country restaurant where everyone is standing outside and watching it. The end.

The second me and my dad rush to my grandparents to save them abd make sure they are okay. We know the cyclone is coming. We hide them in the closets. The storm picks up the side of the house we are all hiding in. So it picks up the entire half of the house. Dad and I are looking out of the bathroom window. He tells me to duck down, but even though the house is flying, neither of us do. So this half,of the house lands. And mom comes out in her car, everyone is fine.

All I can think is I'm happy were all ok. But I wished to see the storm in its magnitude as well.

That's only two of more than six within the course of a year.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The owner of this site had a tornado dream that came true,
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p151483
So the possibilities of precognition are one.
Another thing about dreams is the many symbols contained within each dream...
In examination of one of the dreams you have,
Tornado
Wind
Air
Sisters
Car
Upscale restaurant
Observers
Whatever was going on at that time, your brain was trying to help you sort it out, make sense of it or remember it.
Tornado represents upheaveal...could be of communication, which would be my first choice since air has to do with the mind and speaking. Could be you had a million different ideas in your head but were having difficulty choosing one or any...this could involve one or all of the sisters. ..or you could have been standing away from turmoile and had been the observer yourself. Wind is generally though of as change...big wind big change...but remember this could be a tornado of the mind.
Could be a speaking gig? Or having much to say and difficulty getting proper words out or having it make sense.
Cars represent the way we are navigating through said situations... (ie: walking would be slowly, driving...faster, jet plane...zipping through)
Restaurant would indicate the foods you eat. Perhaps you had just finished off some extravagant delectable goodies, Or that you need to bump up your calorie intake Or you need better nutritional care.
Dreams usually are in context to what's physically happening in our lives at that time.
There is so much to consider.
The fact that this re occurs and everything works out, may mean there has been issues yet you are able to overcome.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Hello this is my interpretation without refrencing any book. I go where I am being lead in this.
The tornado is fast, disruptive and it is discrimating.( because if you see some may touch down in a place and go one path then change it's direction)
You're welcoming the excitment and the exhilaration of it. Maybe it's a well needed change coming or a change that you need to do in your life. It will happen fast.
Your family, my take on it is that even though you are welcoming the excitememnt. You are worried that your family will not like the change. But as you see, the tornado passed by them and no real harm is done.
I hope this is good interpretation for you. Blessings
XVIII

Post by XVIII »

My thoughts:

You said you fear for your family, not yourself. Would your dreams be different if you were alone? How would the atmosphere change in your dreams? Would you fear at all?

I think tornadoes are links between sky and ground. There's so much intense and passion in their way to destruct everything. Maybe you can identify with them (as a Scorpio)? Or maybe you find tornadoes strenghtening, maybe you find your balance in the strong wind (as a Libra)?

Also I would ask what do you miss when the cyclone disappears? And why the cars - do you or your family feel safer in the car or is it about driving home to your family or something else? If you were alone what would you do with the car of would there be a car at all?
"she's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire"

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”