Am I Too Hopeful?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
kalicokitty

Am I Too Hopeful?

Post by kalicokitty »

I am dating this guy. Have been for almost 5 years now. When I started falling for him, something in me said he was who I was supposed to be with forever. He was my other half. I was his.

Well our relationship has been rocky at best, and on a downhill slope straight to hell at worst. We have been trying to make things work, but we still fight a lot. And I feel like we're getting worse. Lately I've been questioning whether we really were meant for each other and having a lot of "what if" scenarios play out in my head where I never talked to him when I saw him that first time.Then last night I had this dream.

We were back in high school. It was his first day. Instead of trying to talk to him, I avoided him. (My dream self knew what we'd be in for if he and I got together) We had some event in the gym, and he ended up sitting two rows below me next to a girl I'd vaguely known. He made small talk with her and me. Then the event started. Then he and the girl started hard core making out. Even though I tried to keep history from repeating itself, I still loved him, and found it painful to stay and continue to watch what they were doing. I left the gym for the safety of the library.

While at the library, I began picking out books to read. I left them in a stack on the end of the shelf I was browsing. Suddenly my jaw and gums hurt. I left the library forgetting my books and went to the nurse's office where one of my teeth proceeded to fall out. The nurse took me back and a dentist showed up and lectured me about not brushing while another of my teeth fell out. I have a phobia of losing my teeth. Needless to say this really upset me. I left the nurse's office no longer in pain, but very upset because my teeth had fallen out.

Standing outside in the hallway, He was there....holding the books I'd wanted to check out. He told me he saw me picking them out and then get rushed to the nurse's office and that he knew I still wanted to read the books. I felt instantly better and sorry for not talking to him earlier. We ended up dating in my dream too.

Does this mean we are meant to be? That I'm right? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?
"There is nothing more melodic, than the purring of a cat."
TwilightDancer

Re: Am I Too Hopeful?

Post by TwilightDancer »

Having your teeth fall out is a big indication of anxiety and fear of change. Unable to trust the unknown.

It seems like you are putting a-lot on this dream to tell you the answers. Honestly my advice would be to take a step back and really evaluate the relationship. Are you happy? What percent of the time are you happy? Do the bad times outweigh the good? The only way relationships work is with a clear line of communication. First and foremost communication. That's what it all boils down to. If it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be. But only the two of you can decide that. Not a dream.

What I'm getting is that you're afraid of what will happen if the two of you part ways and that fear is what's keeping you from seriously considering it.

If you have any questions, as always feel free to pm me.
I do hope the two of you are able to figure out what's best for the both of you.
Thinking of you.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”