Feeling people’s smells

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Bychan Wulf

Feeling people’s smells

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I know it will sound funny and crazy but I thought it is worth giving it to a try.

So, I had an allergy a few years ago and because of a treatment I lost my sense of smell. I am able to smell only some extremely strong smells.
Here comes the crazy part: it happened to me many times to ask people: do you smell that? And to receive "are you crazy?" as an answer. Apparently I can't smell flower smell or perfumes but I can smell the burned cake in the oven many minutes before it actually gets burned, or what made me ask this question here, to smell people. The people whose smell I can feel, are those who need help, advice, someone to talk to, or a positive energy refill.
I could also smell with people before they got sick. My mom, last year, and a friend of mine had the same "smell" and they both got sick this year.
The smells I fell for each person is different, but those who weaken and drain me have a slightly unpleasant smell.

Did this ever happened to anyone else?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Re: Feeling people’s smells

Post by moonraingirl »

I guess this may be similar to those who are blind or deaf and develop other senses.
Maybe you haven't lost your smell completely, you are just not sensitive to the most common "mainstream" smells.
Because you don't feel those, you became aware of other kind of smells. It is true that sick people have a special smell, even doctors know about it. I was able to smell my mother's cancer, too. It was a strange bitttersweet smell.

Also, maybe your smell reflects unconscious perception of auras and energy? I mean many people see auras as color, maybe in your case, you smell them. It's as if your brain doesn't get normal smell information but the centre in your brain turned into center for analysing spiritual phenomena?
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

This sounds really good: smelling people’s aura's.
I hope I will find a way to develop it and maybe use it to helo my patients in the future
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Synesthesia comes to mind, like a 7th sense. Also people with strong emotions, such as grief or fear, do temporarily have a scent of the emotions. It's a chemical we emit through perspiration. And seriously, chocolate helps because it contains a chemical like one that the brain emits when we feel happy. Don't ask me what chemicals these are, bcs I have no idea.

Unrelated, but once while driving down the freeway in a closed up car, I smelled fries so strongly I asked my friend, who was driving, if she smelled it too. She said she had just been thinking we should find an exit and look for McDonalds. Telepathy? :P
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Dopamine for joy, adrenaline and cortisol for fear, and corticotropin for grief

A man's Magick demonstrates what sort of person he is, what is held most deeply inside of him.
There is no truer gauge of a man's character than the way in which he employs his strength, his power. -- Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

ST, it could be telepathy in your case. Knowing what people crave for at the moment, is really helpful. :-)
Then chocolate must explain my personality :))

CD, thank you for listing the chemicals. Do you happen to know if the human body also produces a specific substance when the immune system is fighting a disease?
CleverlyDisguised

There is no specific chemical, it more depends on the illness really... a uti smells like ammonia, diabetes makes your breath smell like nail polish remover, liver failure makes your breath smell like raw fish, typhoid makes the skin smell like fresh baked bread and schizophrenia can cause your sweat to smell like vinegar... it is all different

A man's Magick demonstrates what sort of person he is, what is held most deeply inside of him.
There is no truer gauge of a man's character than the way in which he employs his strength, his power. -- Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thanks! I think I'll copy your post both in my BoS and my anatomy notebook.
CleverlyDisguised

You are very welcome Bychan, you can find more info about this online i am certain

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was hospitalized with an e-coli infection and I smelled like pineapple. It's put me off eating pineapple for several years. I get queasy.
CleverlyDisguised

That's awful SpiritTalker, especially since fresh raw pineapple is so good for you

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Why couldn't it have been broccoli?
CleverlyDisguised

Because broccoli and toothpaste

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”