Help interpreting... also effect of mood on reading.

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
ErisDysnomia

Help interpreting... also effect of mood on reading.

Post by ErisDysnomia »

So I will add the photo of the spread I used and my own outcome.

First I will like to add that I felt a little hopeless and like things wont work out before doing this reading. I don't know if that effects the outcome of the cards but I will say that the last time I did a reading with this same person in mind for the spread it came out 4 of wands for my overall answer.

I honestly see so many cards as being super positive or super negative. I see a lot of positive cards this run but then the last card is completely the opposite and I don't know how I am supposed to take it... I know some say that having certain positive cards can negate a negative outcome or vice versa but since I'm still so new I would like someone else to take a look.

Also, if you think there is a better spread out there for me to try this with and try again I would be willing to do that as well.

Any help is welcome. I would really like to get better at reading the cards, and learn better spreads over all.

Spread I used:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 387e66.jpg

My draw:
http://imgur.com/DJ5VO7R
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Help interpreting... also effect of mood on reading.

Post by SnowCat »

That appears to me, to be a very complex spread. Since it includes questions of how the other person feels, I would expect a certain degree of bias toward your mood, if the other person isn't there to offset your vibrations. The difference in your outcome cards might be reflective of your mood at the time of each reading.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

It's really not a good idea to do readings over the same person or issue over and over again. I understand you're learning but remember, the first reading is usually more correct. And, this is a very complicated spread. Might I suggest starting with just a simple 3 card spread, representing past, present, and future, to practice further with? You can choose many different subjects to do this spread over so you're not doing the same thing again and again.

A mix of positive and negative cards seems logical because relationships are not always perfect in every single aspect, they have their ups and downs always.

Here's some advice on reading spreads. Try to look at suits throughout the spread to help interpret as well. In a spread about relationships, I would expect to see a lot of cups. For a spread about health or a job I might expect to see pentacles and so forth.

Last little bit of advice I'd like to give to us to consider this: some tarot readers find it inappropriate to do a "3rd party reading" without the 3rd parties approval. So sometimes doing a spread about someone without them being aware of, can be frowned upon. You have to decide for yourself what's morally correct for you. It doesn't mean you can't use tarot to understand your relationships better, but you need to make the reading about you. For example, if you like someone, but you're not sure if they like you, then you could do a spread and find out what you need to do to build up the confidence to ask the person how they feel about you. If you're in a relationship and it's rocky, you could ask the cards what you could to do calm the waters and bring peace or love back into your relationship. I'm not telling you what to do, I just want you to be aware.

Rosie
samikcha

Post by samikcha »

I think looking at your spread things are a little bit out of hand.. so many major arcana there and very few cups.. somebody is doing all the imagining stuff and the two people are not on the same page and things cannot get any worse with ten of swords .. there appears to be some gift a passing phase romantic phase to improve things in the present but overall I feel there is not much balance... so one of two has to use that perfect ace moment.. i don't know of that os gone now

love love love:*
ErisDysnomia

Post by ErisDysnomia »

Makes sense. My moods have been very erratic lately. I suffer from bipolar disorder and haven't been getting the help I need so finding center has been very hard before starting a reading. I'm actually always on edge internally even though it doesn't always show on the outside.

The first time I did the spread on this person was out of curiosity. He has been a friend on mine for over a decade and I was pretty sure he was interested in me for many years. I had just gotten out of affections with a guy in college and I did my first reading around Thanksgiving. The cards read roughly that he wasn't really thinking of anything. I got pentacle cards and the one that stood out was 8 of Pentacles as to where he stood at the time, but the final card was the 4 of Wands.

So I decided to take a chance on him and let him get close. We were already spending a lot of time together before the reading. He was coming over and watching movies with me a lot, and he would lean on me on the couch, and he was really friendly. Then after the initial reading I made the choice to let things get a little more intimate and me reciprocate in hopes something might come of it.

As of about 3 days before the reading I shared he stopped contacting me and started getting really distant. Even though things were looking very hopeful. Which is why I did the second reading. He's been rain checking me and just making excuses to come around since I started reciprocating feelings that I thought he might have had.

Seems to be par for the course for me... happens a lot more often than I would like it to.

I'd like to add that Past, Present, Future spread when asking questions always turns out really rotten for me... I have little to no luck in life. They always tend to be very vague and I never know what/when to expect the bad that is predicted. I also have little information to figure out how to change the bad news if I can. I recently did one fore myself to predict what path I should follow to finally find love and my answers were all reversed Knight of Swords, Queen of Swords, and The Star.

I have nearly everything else in life figured out other than love, and friendship relationships. I have my career right in my grasp, I'm hopfully moving away soon to build a better life, I just wish I could find someone even a friend to be on that path with me. It's crappy always being alone in the world like I am.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

ErisDysnomia wrote:Makes sense. My moods have been very erratic lately. I suffer from bipolar disorder and haven't been getting the help I need so finding center has been very hard before starting a reading. I'm actually always on edge internally even though it doesn't always show on the outside.

The first time I did the spread on this person was out of curiosity. He has been a friend on mine for over a decade and I was pretty sure he was interested in me for many years. I had just gotten out of affections with a guy in college and I did my first reading around Thanksgiving. The cards read roughly that he wasn't really thinking of anything. I got pentacle cards and the one that stood out was 8 of Pentacles as to where he stood at the time, but the final card was the 4 of Wands.

So I decided to take a chance on him and let him get close. We were already spending a lot of time together before the reading. He was coming over and watching movies with me a lot, and he would lean on me on the couch, and he was really friendly. Then after the initial reading I made the choice to let things get a little more intimate and me reciprocate in hopes something might come of it.

As of about 3 days before the reading I shared he stopped contacting me and started getting really distant. Even though things were looking very hopeful. Which is why I did the second reading. He's been rain checking me and just making excuses to come around since I started reciprocating feelings that I thought he might have had.

Seems to be par for the course for me... happens a lot more often than I would like it to.

I'd like to add that Past, Present, Future spread when asking questions always turns out really rotten for me... I have little to no luck in life. They always tend to be very vague and I never know what/when to expect the bad that is predicted. I also have little information to figure out how to change the bad news if I can. I recently did one fore myself to predict what path I should follow to finally find love and my answers were all reversed Knight of Swords, Queen of Swords, and The Star.

I have nearly everything else in life figured out other than love, and friendship relationships. I have my career right in my grasp, I'm hopfully moving away soon to build a better life, I just wish I could find someone even a friend to be on that path with me. It's crappy always being alone in the world like I am.
I understand more of the situation now, and I'm sorry you're lonely and depressed. It is a crappy feeling and I think we've all been there. All I can say to is something I got tattoo of a few years ago, to remind myself, "this too shall pass". It may not seem like, but life is ever changing, always. Nothing stays he same forever, so I do believe there is hope.

I was just recounting the other day how I've never been broken up with face to face, ever. I've never been sent a text saying it's over, or even a call. They'd just disappear. It's like it gets too real for them or something and they panic. They didn't want to tell me to my face because they actually did care for me and didn't want to hurt me, or rather they didn't want to feel the guilt of seeing me hurt, so they vanished. It happened to my friend recently, she has coined it "ghosting". I'm not sure why it's become such a popular method of ending a relationship, but it has. I'm sorry you're left to just wonder, that sucks I know!

As for past, present, future spreads its true they can be somewhat vague. But, you can always draw more cards for clarification. For example, draw the first 1,2,3 for the spread, then for card one draw 2-3 cards for clarification and so forth. Also, you don't have to do past, present, future with a 3 card spread if you don't want to see the future. I use to have a list of them, I'll see if I can find it as post it. But, for relationships, you can do card 1 = you, card 2 = other person, Card 3 = status of your relationship at current moment. Just as easily you could make card 3 = what you should do to improve the relationship.

Hope that helps!

Rosie

Return to “Tarot Talk”