Thoth

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
FireSage

Thoth

Post by FireSage »

I am currently praying to Thoth through meditation, is anyone else praying to Thoth? If not who do you pray to and why (if you are comfortable with sharing)?
Bychan Wulf

Re: Thoth

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I pray and work with Gaia (the germanic version of her), because what I believe in, is Nature. I see this Goddess as the materialisation of the Nature and also because as a rookie, I was afraid of doing mistakes and pissing the Deity off. Gaia is also called Mother Nature, and mothers are forgiving, which I probably need very often. I don't even want to think how many times I messed it all up, but I still haven't got any punishment, so I guess( and hope) she forgave me :-D
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
FireSage

Post by FireSage »

Thanks for sharing! :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

In my mid-30s, after embracing witchcraft, I meditated with Kwan Yin as the face of the principle nearest to the Mercy of the Divine in female form that I could identify, (to me, mercy is the greatest attribute of Divinity I can comprehend). My prayers, since childhood, have been addressed to an All-Creator/One-In-Nature/Christ-consciousness (that mercy-thing, again) which ive never felt a need to replace; and in recent years, quite happily to include St. Philomena.
FireSage

Post by FireSage »

Thanks for sharing! :)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've been looking into Thoth for some time hoping he might give more insight. Do you happen to know of a good copy of The Book of Thoth, I'm not inclined toward Crowley if but his is one of the many copies that show up.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
FireSage

Post by FireSage »

Sorry. I haven't gotten around to looking for it. Been just reading up on his history lately.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

That's cool figured I'd ask.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”