Dread: precognition or just anxiety

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
jaybirdblue

Dread: precognition or just anxiety

Post by jaybirdblue »

For the past month I have just felt this overwhelming sense of impending doom. Like that, at any second, the world is going to flip on its head and I'm going to be left drowning in a situation I don't know how to handle. I think that might be a common fear, but the past few weeks it has been SO STRONG and I've never really had this kind of foreboding kind of feelings and thought before. At least nothing that has interrupted my life this much I don't think.
Like, today, I was listening to the radio and the music cut out and I was just...waiting. Thinking, "this is it, a bomb has dropped. A war has started and the world is starting to end." Which I know is unreasonable, but it's just there. And it's starting to interrupt my sleep and just generally crowding out any good thought i have.
So, I started wondering, considering it's so strong, that whether it might be some kind of premonition (though probrably very overblown) or if it's just a kind of mental illness related anxiety that decided to pop up. I've mentioned before that I have several disorders, but none are general anxiety based.
So, anyone else experiencing this?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Dread: precognition or just anxiety

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've had a sense of post-election heebee jeebies that really crested on inauguration day. (is this really happening?) I've been wondering whether it was ET-disclosure and Antarctic discoveries related, but just don't see why now is any different than the last 70 some years. What you wrote about radio interruptions struck a nerve. I hold my breath, cringing inside. It's not a definite thing, but a sense of "wait for it" and change.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think in some cases we're getting frequency bleed through from alternate time lines. Much like frequency bleed through on AM radio stations.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I was sensing this just prior to Yule, Chalked it up to the masses of hard to be with relatives that would be encountered at the holiday, but I wonder if the fear that has been created around the state of the nation isn't feeding a large egregore that is sending its tendrils to us. It likes to be fed.
I had to do some serious body check meditations, which helped incredibly because at one point I was ready to go to the hospital, and I really dislike hospitals.
Try doing body check frequently, resist thinking about what could happen. Stay focused on work or activities. Repeat positive affirmations. Pray.
I hope your feeling better soon,
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

SpiritTalker wrote:I've had a sense of post-election heebee jeebies that really crested on inauguration day. (is this really happening?)
You get me^^

I understand the feeling... but I think it is just my anxiety in my case.
I think firebird offered really good advice :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, I think we now know what the disaster is...the nuclear reactor cover up. The Pacific Ocean contamination on going since 2011.
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. It's been very nice to hear from you all.
I still haven't really come to a firm conclusion on this, but I guess we have to wait for the future to find out if it IS actually something we are sensing or not.
I've noticed that it has been very consistent. It's been seeping into my dreams too, which has never happened before. Honestly, this anticipatory dread is just getting worse and worse. To the point where I just feel like screaming at the world to get it over with. If something bad is on the way, just let it happen. Which is a really destructive kind of thinking. I've never really had any kind of preecognative abilities in the past, so I don't think it's that. It's like the universe is just whispering "be ready, be ready" without telling me what it is.
I have started to participate in activism to try and alleviate some of the anxiety. So that at least I'm DOING something to at least try and help others, but it's still that all pervasive wave headed towards me. I know that the whole doomsday paranoia is as old as society itself, but I've never felt it myself?
Obviously I'm not going to build a bomb shelter or carry around an"the end is nigh" sign or something, but I've never felt so uneasily certain about something. Of course I intilectualize it and say how unreasonable it is to think this way, but it's like it's in my bones you know? Like my very being is fighting against all attempts I have to tell it everything is ok.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Are you from Europe? It would explain the feeling of an incoming war. People talk a lot about a war between Christians and Muslims that follow the war in Syria.

There is also a Facebook group for empaths and most of them say they feel that something bad is coming. Something like a war or even the so popular apocalypse.
Who knows what will happen? We have to live our life to its fullest no matter what anyway! :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think there's a general unrest worldwide, and a lot of us are picking up on it. I've been getting more active politically, with messaging my Congress people. Trying to keep positive energy going too.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

I'm glad to hear I'm not he only one. It's just a new and scary feeling. It got so bad just now it gave me chest pains and I had to physically stop myself from freaking out too much
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Chest pains can sometimes be esophageal spasms. Painful, but not really deadly. Anxiety can cause plenty of physical symptoms too. Just pay attention to how you're feeling. If it feels like something is seriously wrong, go get checked out.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I've had to stop watching the news, or at least avoid it as much as possible. ..course in the motel lobbys all they play is CNN. :evilwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

Oh, yea with me it's about a 99.9% chance that it's just anxiety. Especially since it goes away when I calm down. It's just a LOT of anxiety. More than usual. So yea it's normal, just more than usual cuz of this dread feeling

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”