Possible futures or morbid imagination

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Possible futures or morbid imagination

Post by Ashrend »

For a long while now I've had day dreams that I can't escape until the scene has finished. The scene is generally of me dying, or someone I love being killed. Thankfully nothing has come to fruition, but wanted to know if they were visions of possible futures or just a morbid imagination. They are never unrealistic and in my minds eye very vivid

fire and flames
Tutmosis

Re: Possible futures or morbid imagination

Post by Tutmosis »

Dreams are very dynamic and can almost never be taken at face value.

A dream of you or someone you love dying could mean a transition in your life, or something in your living circumstances that has changed.

These are intuitive guesses. But ultimately you are basically the only person that has the capacity to understand your dreams.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Firebird on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing tapatalk advertising
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe the O.p. is speaking of waking dreams, daydreams which one would think they could have control over.
I believe it's normal for everyone to go to a dark and morbid place from time to time, If one considers acting on those dark thoughts though, then that's a problem. If it is plaguing you constantly, it might be time to seek some professional support.
Sometimes I get these really bad outcome kinds of scenarios in my brain before a vacation, it's the brain on overdrive, bleh... it's irritating to the point of anxiety, so I meditate and try to keep myself in This moment.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Sometimes I have visions of what seems to be a possible future. My impression is that my visions are intrusions into my reality of alternate realities. Or in the case of the vision of my granddaughter's wedding, which I was attending in spirit only, the visions might be accurate.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

I daydream all the time, it all depends on how I am feeling at that moment in time, If I am angered I may think *morbid* however most of the time my daydreams are of what could possibly be but is not actually... example: I could be thinking about a situation where "what if" is thrown off a lot.... then my imagination goes wild and I see all sorts of interesting scenarios.

I would say you may be overthinking situations in your life and that is what your imagination is coming up with during daydreaming, how you are currently feeling also affects the image in my opinion.

I have only on occasion been daydreaming of someone and they get ahold of me that same day... I would say it's just the mind overthinking certain situations thus creating the *morbid* daydream.

Just my opinion anyways through my own experiences.

Have a Good Day.
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

It really depends. But "death" can also indicate change rather than literal death.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”