Talking to animal spirits

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Ice_Witch

Talking to animal spirits

Post by Ice_Witch »

Hi all.

Recently a thought has been playing in my head.

I have an animal spirit, he's a panther right...

At first I talked to him in my head saw his form in my head, but now I can actually see him and I talk to him. People say I'm crazy and frankly, I'm not too sure I'm not myself!!!

Am I actually insane or is my animal spirit really here? Help please?
Ravenari

Post by Ravenari »

The only person who can answer that question with any honesty is yourself - but why you're going around telling people who aren't necessarily totemists or who naturally believe in animal spirits, is beyond me.

There's no point telling friends, family, work-colleagues etc. about things like this unless you trust them, and you're absolutely certain of what you've experienced. Because of their doubt, you now doubt yourself.

Though if you can actually *see* him in real life, like a real, flesh & blood animal... I think it might be wise to have your doubts or to question / challenge what you are experiencing.

Most people don't tend to *see* their totem animals, that's not their function, to be visible like a pet and interact with us on that level.
Ice_Witch

Post by Ice_Witch »

So... It's not normal, for an animal spirit to 'apear' in front of me visible to me like a real animal?
Celtic_Druid2006

Post by Celtic_Druid2006 »

I have heard that human spirits all have the same common spirit language. Does this also apply for animal spirits? Do they speak a common spirit language with human spirits too?
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I don't think your insane. Like Ravenari said though, only you can be the judge of that.
Sometimes your age will have an effect on this. When I was younger, roughly 12 or 13 I saw my animal spirit. He was a great big grey wolf and I usually saw him in my mind and talked to him that way. He protected me and gave me advice. When, at the age I stated, I started actually seeing him I didn't question it, it seemed right. In my years now I have not physically seen him, though I know he is there.
I only saw him on occasion in the flesh and blood, but he was there.

~Wolf Heart~

//edit//

I forgot to explain myself a little. The reason I say age has an effect on this is because when we are younger our minds are much more open to things. Our "imaginations" can open up a whole new world to us. Unvoluntarily as we get older we sometimes close that part of our mind.
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

This happens to me too Ice Witch--I don't think I'm crazy (***as he pumps in his meds!!!***). My animal guides always leave a physical trace of some kind--a shadow, a full image, a smell, a sound or all of the above. It is just like the animals to be so connected to Earth. I think you have a gift and are lucky. Say Hi to your panther for me!

blessings,
bsp
[Ebony Rose]

Post by [Ebony Rose] »

Spirit guides, like angels, goddesses and gods, can manifest themselves to us as they see fit. If that is only in one's mind, then so be it. If it is a shadow figure, or mist, then that's ok too.

Appearing in solid form may or may not be a good thing. It could be that you are fortunate enough to be able to see your guide that clearly. However, there may be another reason. Have you been listening to what he is saying? Are you missing something or not doing something you are being asked to do? Ask him next time you see him what his message is.

Return to “Animals and Pets”