Your defining moments

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Your defining moments

Post by Ashrend »

What have been your defining moments along your path? I'm simply curious as to how others experience the journey since I don't have anyone in real life to ask. I know the paths are as branching as a Yggdrasil's branches, but I'm curious as to what others have experienced

My path has been short so far but I have learnt a lot, and my defining moment so far have been gaining one set, then a second set of horns, learning of my spirit guides and my last spell to improve my memory which has worked a treat.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Your defining moments

Post by SpiritTalker »

My gosh, what an intriguing question.

I think my most defining moment would have to be my self-dedication that was carried on in spite of a major thunder storm. I was determined to go forward even if i resembled a drowned rat and my hand-inked script melted. It literally defined my crazy-quilt path of perseverance amidst a comedy act of obstacles, with the rewarding moment of crashing thunder & lightening crescendo at the exact moment I raised my blade & called out to Teranis, Lord of Thunder. Timing is everything in this Craft :mrgreen: & more important it brought home to me that this ritual wasn't about following the "script", but about my relationship with Sovereignty.

The hope of a good ritual is that it will change us when the time is right. There was a memorable full moon rite when I was brought to my knees by the sheer majestic power of The Presence. I sank like a dropped stone with my nose in the grass.

The most recent power moment was when I down-sized my 30-year collection of working tools and magical supplies because I realized I did not need the stuff. So I gave it away (except the home made things I still use). It felt wonderfully liberating as though I'd claimed my identity.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Wow that ritual in the rain sounds amazing!! And it's good to become free of material things when not needed, clears room in the mind and in our homes.
Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

Hmm, I am not too sure as I feel I have just become lol. If anything I would say my most defining moment thus far was about 3 months and a bit ago now, basically I went to the local spa with a few friends one evening, I was super relaxed and I felt at one with mother nature, that was the day I accepted magic and pagan into my life, that evening I could have killed myself with my wreckless driving.... somehow I survived and made it look pro in the process.... I would say that was my most defining moment, as I have done nothing but go up from there :)

I am sure as my life progresses I will have more defining moments :)

Have a Great day.
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

I've never been to a spa but I can imagine that would be a very relaxing place allowing nature and its entirety to envelope you. Glad you're driving didn't mean the end for you.

Have a great day as well
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think perhaps mine is when I stood in a circle with other witches for the first time, after having been a solitary for so long, and that immediate feeling of
these are my people.
I have finally found my tribe. :fairy:

It was like a wave of wonderful, very much like the coming home feeling I initially had when starting out on my journey about ten years prior and all the books I was reading.
Which was quite a feat in itself since reading comprehension has been a lifelong struggle for me and reading was the last thing I wanted to do. (Kinda strange I would end up a mod here reading up after all you folks and your great wit!) But that also attests to the power of this path, it is so interesting and there is so much information to be learned that you'll just have to keep reading and reading and reading and that has really helped the comprehension
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

When I became afraid of magic.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I think I am still learning and searching for my defining moments... still learning and practicing.
I'm looking forward to it happening.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”