Does the Universe Make Deals?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
casnarl

Does the Universe Make Deals?

Post by casnarl »

For example,
If I say I will do A,B,C in exchange for D. Would the Universe do something like that? Or is that not how stuff works?
corvidus

Re: Does the Universe Make Deals?

Post by corvidus »

Think of it like a logical mathematical equation. There are always variables.

If A then C.

But C necessarily implies B.

The B is usually what we don’t see.

So to make a request, and offer up self-imposed dedication, doesn’t necessarily equal the necessary variable herecalled B.

The approach you’re suggesting is circumventing strength of will.
barker

Post by barker »

One can invoke the universe in magic... but don't be too cynical, the more you try to define/confine the result of magic the less it gets to breathe. You need enough "open" possibility in your choice to call yourself loving, all the way thru.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea,what they said. I think mankind has been asking that same question forever. It's one of those paradox yes and no. I think spirits make pacts. Of what value are AB & C to the Universal Mind which already IS everything?
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Hmm, okay.
I was just thinking you're usually rewarded in some way for doing good deeds. So if I specify the good deeds I plan to do and the thing (D) I want as the reward...no??
barker

Post by barker »

Two things are rewarded in this life.
1) fun
2) hard work

I say, if you are going to satisfy both criteria go for it. There's plenty of life/love/insight in that.
touched

Post by touched »

If you want a thing, you are obligated to create a will for that thing.
You arent awarded anything for any good deed you plan to do. You create a will for a thing to manifest unto you.
Learn the laws of creation in as much as this will allow you to wisely follow the laws of the Creation. Learn the Laws.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

casnarl wrote:Hmm, okay.
I was just thinking you're usually rewarded in some way for doing good deeds. So if I specify the good deeds I plan to do and the thing (D) I want as the reward...no??
Negotiation is a human attribute. We are charged to always try to do good deeds unconditionally. We are instruments of the Gods, caretakers of this world and as Witches to be reservoirs of ancient secrets and divine powers, exemplars of compassion, love and wisdom.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
barker

Post by barker »

You can learn the math of it too. For example, A is worth 2, B is worth 1, C is worth 5... so I will exert 8 in attaining D.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Shekinah wrote:
casnarl wrote:Hmm, okay.
Negotiation is a human attribute. We are charged to always try to do good deeds unconditionally.
Ah...I guess I forgot about that part. My parents raised my brother and I almost sort of on bribery. Do the dishes and you get a video game etc. So still in my early 20s I'm still a teensy weensy a lot spoiled abd sort of still expect the world to work that way. So I figured if I said Yo, Universe here's what I'm gonna do and here's what I want for doing it...that it would work in a similar way. But the Universe probably knows what it's doing a lot better than my parents :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There are other parenting methods. Just off the top of my head I hear my neighbors using what I call the "do as you're told" and then counting to 3 model where the motive is to avoid unpleasant consequences. I grit my teeth when i hear them counting. There's what i call the "depression-era" model that says you're part of the unit so help out to make things better for everyone motivated by feel good. I think deal negotiation has to take into account the motivating intent as well as outcome. We can say to the universal Powers "This is what I intend. What do you suggest?" Then we do a spell for our intent and let the universe provide the means. This way we work together for the best outcome. Author Marion Weinstein writes about using positive affirmations with this method.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

casnarl wrote:My parents raised my brother and I almost sort of on bribery. Do the dishes and you get a video game etc.
That's unfortunate.

Satisfaction should be your only goal, knowing you did a job well to the best of your ability with no cut corners or micky mouse rigs, should leave one with a sense of self gratitude and satisfaction knowing you did your BEST job. It builds esteem.
The reward is your esteem.
And no I do not think the universe makes deals or there would be more people rising from the dead.
The deal the universe makes is to see that one is following their bliss and woking towards that bliss, through a lot of self respecting hard work. Give offerings, be grateful for the things one does have, visualize what you want and take steps to make it happen. You are the deal maker, you are the universe.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”