Luna Moth

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Demi

Luna Moth

Post by Demi »

On Friday I pulled into my driveway after school, ready to pack up my things and head for my father's house for the weekend. I noticed, though, that on the black wrought-iron fence near the driveway was a large Luna Moth (You know, the pale green moths with a large wingspan that are increasingly rare.) It struck me as odd because I have no walnut trees (the caterpillar's favorite food) around my house, so there was really no reason for it to be there.

I walked over to it and (like I do with everything: Animals, plants, rocks, bricks, pine cones, fingi) talked to it. I asked it why it was there, and offered to move it to the bushes where it would not be spotted by the swallows building a nest beneath my eaves. It, of course did not answer (or I, not knowing moth language, did not understand it). I moved the insect carefully to the bushes and made sure it was hidden before bidding it adieu.

I checked back about three hours later and it had moved about a foot or two, but Moths and nocturnal and I suspected it would leave when night fell.

Seeing the rare Luna moth cheered me up.[/i]
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

That's really cool. I don't think I have ever seen a luna moth. I will have to look it up to see though.
Demi

Post by Demi »

This is a Luna Moth
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

Very very cool looking! I have not seen one I don;t think anyways. Thank you for posting a pic of it!!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I love mothes. They are so cute. Demi What are those all white ones called those are my fave...
Frank N Sense

Post by Frank N Sense »

That is a very kewl story Demi. I've never seen a luna moth. I think moths are pretty kewl. I always hated it when people pick them up by the wings and get their hand oil on it and wipe off their wing (dust?) so that they can't fly :( Peeps are so mean sometimes. But yea....love that story.
fire_without_smoke

Post by fire_without_smoke »

the picture of the moth is rely amazing!thanks for sharing that.it sounds like a good experience.

Return to “Animals and Pets”