yeah so um... LIFE.

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
A_light_on_the_water

yeah so um... LIFE.

Post by A_light_on_the_water »

I have spent all day washing my laundry because I need clean clothes for work. Funny thing is, I leave in half an hour, and it turns out that um, I DIDN'T WASH MY WORK OUTFITS! Just my everyday whatever clothes. UUUGGGGHHHHH. ok, ta now.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

My roomie sometimes wears the same shirt for 4 days in a row before washing. Its kind of scary...but at least he doesnt smell (from what I know). So I dont say much. He is a good guy though, despite some of his hygiene habits.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

my partner hides his fave. stuff in case I throw it out, he loves the holey old stuff cos it's 'comfy' and he often wears things till I pull them off him! Boxers and socks that are radioactive! I often mix up washings too. It helps to force some organisation, seperate basket for workclothes maybe? make sure you empty and wash it before bed? I have teenagers and they alweays expect me to know what they need, but never tell me what it is or when!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

its quite amazing how dependant a teenager is really, when they dont realise it and think they could do well on thier own when really like you said, they would know what cloths to wear if you basically didnt set them out for them.or any other thing which requires organisation
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I wont say i am like organized or anything, but i know where atlest 80% of eveything is in my apartment. My mom never tought my anything about cleaning or washing or cooking, i fended for myself prety much, so my mom hasnt picked out what i where sence i was like 7 or 8 and she only did that on sundays so i looked "respectable". I dont wanna make her sound like a bad mom, but she cant cook and she dosnt clean.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

My mom hasnt picked my clothes out for school since I was like 13 or something. LOL. I started dressing myself. Not exactly the best dressing you ever saw, but you only learn when you have to do it yourself. lol. I dress a lot better now.

Surprisingly when I went off to college, I did pretty well my first year doing everything myself. I even started learning how to cook my own food. lol. Not exactly gourmet like my mom (shes an amazing cook), but I 'm not bad either. I let my roomies be my test subjects (no one has died yet, so its been good). That was when I learned my first lesson...learn to time how long all your food is going to take. LOL. I cooked the meat too quickly and the potatoes took forever in the oven. By the time the potatoes were done the meat was cold. lol. Not as simple as it looked watching mom do it. I also am a LOT more organized and cleaner away from home. I think its because I know I can get away with it at home. When I am by myself, I know that I need to clean up. I take a lot of pride in it too.

My mom also taught me next to nothing on how to do simple household choirs. She wasnt really much of a cleaner. My dad was the one who cleaned. Only last year did I learn the products I needed to keep my own bathroom clean from talking to my roomie (dad did that). And my bathroom is always very clean. I think I learned way more living in a house than living in the dorms.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I'm very proud of my kids, they fell down a few times, but mostly, they're on it. I laughed when I read Light's post, cos it reminds me of me. You'll notice I said 'force' some organisation, it's what I had to do!lol. It took me a while to be organised, when I was younger. It is funny tho' when they expect me to know things like 'where are my gym things?' at 6.30 am [I'm so not a morning person!]
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

Organization can be hard at times becuase, its really a constant maintenance thing. My roomate is constantly searching for his keys becuase he always loses it in that mess of a room upstairs. I swear Im going to get him a pager for his keychain or something. lol. Or a device that screams "HEY IM RIGHT HERE!!!"

So he never has to go crazy searching for it again. lol Maybe if I find it, I can tell you so you can attach it on your kids gym stuff. haha.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

those type of noise makers always seem like a good idea but people lose the trigger just as much as they lose the thing it triggers. i have seen people wear keys and various other things they will need throughout the day as jewellery, such as keys and other litthe nick nacks.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

Thats true, thats when you give the trigger to some one else, they nail it on the wall and they arent allowed to touch it until they need it. Which the rule is they put it immediately back to the wall. LOL.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

yes but they never do put it back, because they are usually running late by this time and instead of putting it on that nice little hook beside the door on thier way out, they are in joy because they know where the keys are they sit the trigger down, never to be seen again. people can be so damn stupid some times its quite perplexing
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

lol you got a point. I know my mom always forgets her cell phone all the time. Including today when I needed to call her, but her phone was right in front of me in the house. -_-;;;

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”