folk magic, hoodoo, and the like.

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Wolf*

folk magic, hoodoo, and the like.

Post by Wolf* »

No, I don't need information, but I would like opinions.

For a while now I've been wondering about the effectiveness of these. Maybe its because I've conditioned myself too much to things like ceremonial magic and intricate spells, but I have a hard time seeing how effective things like "hot foot powder", "lucky hand root", ect.. could really be since there is no real effort seemingly put into it.

So, thoughts, experience, what do you have to say?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I 've used hoodoo very successfully recently,it's not dissimilar from Northern tradition herbal magick, a lot of the time. I think the symbolism acts as a physical focus for the intent, you know the correspondances of the ingredients, so it re inforces what you seek to achieve with them magickally through intent and will.Same purpose as high ritual and objects.'Sympathetic 'magick. A lot of Hoodoo belief come sfrom 'the old countries' Christian and Pagan symbolism together. I find it very interesting. I like 'come to me ' and 'bend over', four thieves vinegar too - very useful - check them out!
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

It works very well. Something doesn't have to be complex to be effective, and with a more basic technique, there's less chance to flub a step here or there.
katie2005

hoodoo

Post by katie2005 »

luckymojo.com/

tale a look at this sight it talk s alot about hoodoo

Return to “Folk Magick”