Energy Exercise

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
[Obsidian]

Energy Exercise

Post by [Obsidian] »

I've been reading this Wicca Beginners book and I have a question about your experiences. The author suggests an energy exercise in which you rub your hands for a few seconds. Then you put your hands together as if you are a child praying and slowly move them apart. :shock:
When you do this she claims you can feel the energy between the hands. When you put your hands back together you are supposed to feel a tiny bit resistance, like when you try to put two magnets together with the same poles. Has anyone ever heard of this exercise and been successful with it? I've been trying it for a while and I can't say that I have had any success. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Harry
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i've read it and tried it and the energy i could feel was barely any...i think that exercise is EXTREME beginner, i suggest trying something that deals with a little more energy, because in truth, that exercise is a bit of a dud. and i say that from personal experience.
lucy_san_elfenlied

Post by lucy_san_elfenlied »

I just did it and I just imagined a ball of energy in between my hands. I stretched the ball when I pulled my hands apart like it was hooked onto my palms and then bringing my hands back together squishing the ball and I felt the resistance but slightly. I guess it's mind power that this exercise works on.
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

Interesting, I'll try that ball thing. Maybe than I'll feel it.

Harry
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

Do you have something in mind I could try Sobek? The book seems to rely on me being able to do that exercise and then build on it.

Harry
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i'll see what i can pull up for you. back later.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

theres one i've always loved, no idea where i came across it. It's nice and simple and you can work with a decent amount of energy with it.

you get into your calmed and slowed mind frame, then you feel the energy flowing through you. Move it out of you and make it form a nice pretty ball infront of you, if you can handle details like texture and whatever else comes to mind go for it. then you spin it in circles and change its shape, size colour or whatever. then bring it back to how it was originally, then move it around your body and follow it with your other eyes. thats a nice basic one. after doing it there is a chance you may feel a bit "la dee da". do tell how it goes, if need be i can give you some other techniques but i think thats a nice one to start.
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

Awesome Sobek, I'll try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Harry
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

That sounds like a beginner excercise to reiki.

Completely off topic here - but is that your cat?? S/he's so striking!!
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

Unfortunately not but I had a Norwegian Forest Cat that looked similar, just a little darker. He was such a sweetie and now lives with my ex-wife.

Harry
CrystalWillow

Post by CrystalWillow »

I had done a similar exercise in a book about learning to read auras.
It sounds pretty much identical & gets the same result.

Will post more details if anyone else is interested :)

Crystal Willow
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

i do the magnet trick all the time, its cool to start from your hands together and move them apart, ressiting a "pull" to have your hands touch, like two magnets. or do the resistance one thats cool too. I've noticed from watching a lot of paranormal shows that many people do this "magnet" trick, and find it a convincing argument to the validaty or energy from a magick perspective. My other favorite technice to do a pendulum, where you imagine energy at the end of a thin string, dangling from your hand. Just like if you had a pendulum spin the string, and feel the weigh of the pendulum start to pull your hand along.

MY other favorite is to make a ball of energy and toss it around, like up and down feeling it's weigh push against my hand when I catch it.

Hope that helped at least a little, lol.
[new_witch]

Post by [new_witch] »

hey i felt thta palm exercise it was gr8 for a begineer like me try to post some more exercises please thanks......
knowledge is my aim.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Take a look at this page from 's main EUTM site- there are some great exercises here. This one from a different section, the Cleanse Your Aura Ritual is one of my favorites to keep on hand too. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
*M
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

A lot of people say they can't feel that energy ball...the magnetic feel...and yet they say that they are skilled and well praciticed...if that were the case then the magnetic feeling would come almost instantly. It was the first thing I ever did and I could feel it and still do.

It mainly takes focus and will. What Sobek said is a very good exercise ^-^

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”