psychic vampires

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
blackcat

psychic vampires

Post by blackcat »

does anyone out there know a lot about psychic vampires i think i might be one
Moon_Child

Post by Moon_Child »

I dunno a lot about them but I know that they take other peoples energy usually consciously or unconsciously leaving the other person drained and weak.
Veronika

Post by Veronika »

Moon_Child gets it right. Here is an interesting article you should read, especially the last part (when you say you might be one. Do you think it's a problem? If so, the last part if for you):

Guest article by Asante Penny (FKA) Rita Loftsgard

The name psychic vampires immediately reveal our attitude toward people who take energy. Not as obvious, it also reveals our attitudes toward the people from whom they take. A vampire is a taker who drains its victims.

To help and heal ourselves and each other, we must first recognize the person who is taking energy from another person can only do so if the person they are taking from agrees to it on some level. Freedom comes when we stop projecting our fear of powerlessness onto others, blaming them and victimizing ourselves.

Permission to give or take does not need to be granted on a conscious individualized basis. It comes from an underlying attitude about giving and taking.

Our experiences in life all include give and take in varying degrees and mirror back to us where we are on the spectrum selfishness and selflessness. Selfishness and self-centeredness are generally viewed as undesirable traits. Selflessness is usually viewed positively. Both require balancing.

Those who give selflessly without balance can become doormats or martyrs or may "kill with kindness". They may find it difficult to say "No." Those who take without thought are often very kind people who have learned inappropriate ways to get energy. They may also be obviously selfish and thoughtless of others. These are examples of opposite ends of the spectrum. Most of us sit somewhere closer to the middle and as with all living things our abilities and balance fluctuate.

The giver's attitude of willingness creates an opening that enables a taker to connect to the giver. Connecting to each other, although generally unseen, literally creates a physical connection that we just do not see with the naked eye. The Hunas have spoken about these connecting "cords" for centuries. More recently Phyllis Krystal, a therapist from California, has developed a technique called Cutting the Ties That Bind, a method of working with or cutting serious ties that prevent us from being us.

Those we mistakenly call vampires are not necessarily bad people. For instance a friend once connected to me very deeply while we were working on an intense project together. Eventually the energy being drained from me made me ill physically. I was extremely weak, dizzy and having heart palpitations. My friend was driving me to the various doctor's appointments and helping in any way she could. Neither of us knew she had connected to me in this fashion. It took a mutual friend, an intuitive, to tell me what was happening. In meditation I prayed for guidance and saw the cords between us. I envisioned myself pulling some of them out one by one. I envisioned cutting other cords with scissors. My health improved in three days. My friend and I spent a day together talking about the experience and forgiving each other. She was horrified at what we had learned. She loves me and would not hurt me for the world.

How To Stop Psychic Vampires from Draining Your Energy

If you suspect you are a giver - you must become clear you play a role in the experience and you are no longer willing to do so. Say firmly and clearly aloud, "No one else can have my energy. My need to give is fulfilled through healthy means." You may see yourself doing service work or another healthy form of giving. Take time to get quiet or to meditate and ask to see any unhealthy lines connecting you to another that are affecting you then. Visualize severing those ties in whatever way comes to you. It helps if you know the person you are severing from but it is not essential. Do this clearing, affirming, meditating and severing until you feel you mean it and it is complete. Relief and new energy will follow within a few days. Bless and forgive everyone involved, including yourself.

How To Stop Stealing Energy from Others

If you are a taker you must become clear you are no longer willing to play that role. Say firmly and clearly aloud, "I now receive all the energy I need in healthy ways. Energy comes to me easily from the earth, from the air, from Divine intelligence. It is everywhere and I willingly accept it from healthy places and in healthy ways. I always have all the energy I need."

Whether you are a giver or a taker, you will likely need to practice this over time. You will learn to recognize physical sensations that go along with someone connecting to you. For me it is light headedness and dizziness. For you it may be different. Pay attention. Your body will tell you. Both the giver and taker are simply trying to have their needs met. Both are seeking balance. Both have complete control over the situation through managing their own attitudes lovingly.

Got the article here: http://healing.about.com/od/energyheali ... ivamps.htm

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”