My first candle spell/prayer

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
moonraingirl

My first candle spell/prayer

Post by moonraingirl »

OK, I'm just trying my first candle spell, or second, if you count the candle I lit 2 days ago.

As I wrote in the past, I'm interested in natural spirituality and traditions, but due to negative experiences in the past when I think I was attacked by negative energies I am quite reluctant to do proper magic or call for help of pagan deities. They remain only in my reading in a purely anthropological /ethnographic way.

But today I'm trying a prayer which you may consider selfish, but yes, it's a spell to make me a more pleasant cashier so that customers would like to return here. I can't complain, I think we are the most successful business of our kind in the town, but anyway, I would like to become so kind and genuinely smiling cashier as two ladies who sell elsewhere. I mean the lady at the pharmacy and in the flower shop. I would like to become so good as they are.
It's not only about business, I want to be genuinely positive so that I can make people feel a bit better. I always feel better when I go to that pharmacy or flower shop. And I also believe it would be healthier for me, and my mental health, too.

On some days I can do it and it makes me feel so great when people smile back. But there are days when I'm just average and I would like to change that.

So yeah, I lit this candle and I carved a sign of cross on it.

I noticed that last night we had full moon and it is waxing now so I think it is a good time to release negative energies? And then accept positive energies when it starts growing back?

We'll see if it has any effect :-)

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!
Bychan Wulf

Re: My first candle spell/prayer

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I wish you lots of luck with your spell!
It's full moon tonight: http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/december/2016/ and I think yes,you could but it depends if you follow the wiccan moon-phase power chart or if you have your own belief.
I think it's a god time to release the negative energies and recharcge with positivity : the moonlight os bright (light=positivity), and a full moon is also very powerful in almost all pagan beliefs.
Or you could balance your energy tonight,release the extra negativity in the waxing moon nights and accept the positive on the growing nights,like you said.

Le us know how it goes ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Thanks for the calendar. So I see that technically full moon was today very early in the morning (almost midnight) so does that mean that the whole day is considered full moon?

I will let you know how it goes. Actually, we have unusually few customers today :-p
But I don't mind, this is only an experiment for me.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I don't think it's at all selfish to want to be a better cashier. We all have areas where we could improve, and you've recognized one in yourself. Your efforts will positively effect everyone who comes in contact with you. I think it's wonderful.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Thanks for the encouragement!
:-)
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I think that I may start practicing more of pagan things if I stay on the forum with you, guys.

What used to discourage me were also videos with too spiritually looking fake smiling people. Or overly positive articles. They just don't look trustworthy to me.

I am spiritual but I'm also a sceptic and I like to use common sense at all times. Many sources I saw or read in the past were over the top for me.

But here I see you, who look like normal people, doing the craft. That is interesting.

I hope I didn't insult anyone, this was meant as a sort of compliment :-)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I have the same opinion! I found this forum back in 2006 but thought it was just for fun...the second time I started to read,I was indirectly convinced by the people here.
It really feels like a family here :-D
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

What I like about this forum is that there's no definite set of rules or beliefs that one has to believe or practice. It's very open minded for a spiritual forum. And I don't see anyone claim that you can manifest anything by positive thoughts.
Just as you say, a family of reasonable people who are interested in unconventional ideas and practices. Feels like home.
BTW how old were you in 2006?
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think 8 years old. Magic was my thing since forever :-)
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

When I was 8, I read: "Hello Nicky!"
"Hello Linda!"
"Nicky, are you a girl?"
"No, I'm a boy!"
"Bye-bye!"
"Bye-bye!"

True story, I still have that textbook :D
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Lol! I was watching Buffy the Vampire slayer and was unable to find subtitles....so I had to learn English better. Good thing many spells were also in Latin which is very close to may native tongue.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I like the idea of spell work to be better at your job. It is self improvement, and it probably wouldn't hurt to take a page from your book and apply it to my life. I would like to be a better server and bartender, to be more friendly and helpful. I think the spell sounds lovely.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

A waxing moon:
increases in size, from new moon to full moon.

A waning moon:
decreases in size, from full moon to new moon.

On 12/13, the moon was full at 12:06 am in your time zone, and 7:06 pm in my time zone. Just after your 12:06, my 7:06, the moon was waning, not waxing. Yes! You nailed it on a waxing full moon. Good timing!

Do full moon work on a waxing full moon. And use the clock's full moon, not the calendar's, to determine a waxing full moon, because after the clock ticks, it's a waning moon.

I was taught that a waxing full moon is stronger than a waning full moon. And I have never seen instructions to work on a waning full moon, but if the instructions say to use a waning full, who am I to say otherwise? I don't know everything, so if you want to research the powers of wax-wane full moons, please post the results because I always want to learn.

Also.

When doing crescent moon work, there are two crescents in a moon cycle. This coming waning-crescent and the waxing-crescent after the new moon.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Mr Crowley wrote:A waxing moon:

A waning moon:
Thank you for the explanation of waning and waxing moon, I made a vocab mistake :). I'll try to use the correct term next time! I definitely want to learn more about the Moon magic and it's influence on nature. We can see that the 28 day cycle really influences natural processes, such as menstruation and chemotherapy (at least in my mother's case) is taken in 28 day cycles. The doctor mentioned that that's because there is a 28 day cycle of the body but she didn't go deeper so we don't know what exactly she meant.

I didn't work according to any instructions, it was just a spontaneous idea. I usually pray/meditate the way that feels right at a time. I'm not very good at following instructions when it comes to spiritual matters. Maybe that's why I was literally kicked out from an evangelical group goodnevil

Did my spell work? Here are Day 1 results. I had a very pleasant day despite the fact that we had less customers compared to an average day. I listened to the radio which got me into a good and active mood (a station with happy music and funny speakers) and I think I was quite pleasant in most cases. There were two customers who annoyed me a bit (tried not to show it) but I remembered my determination and I was able to get back to positive state after a while. I also think I managed to get a new customer because I gave her a small present- a pretty cover for ugly pictures that are on cigarette packs in my area. Things like picture of lungs with tumour, a man in coma, etc. The lady was so pleased by this little gift that she thanked me 3 times and smiled ear to ear. I think she was a first time customer and I made a good impression.
smogie_michele wrote:I like the idea of spell work to be better at your job. It is self improvement, and it probably wouldn't hurt to take a page from your book and apply it to my life. I would like to be a better server and bartender, to be more friendly and helpful. I think the spell sounds lovely.
Thank you! I think that you have a great chance of making people's day nicer as a server and bartender. It's so great to meet with friends at a cafe and have a nice and pleasant server. I also believe that your job is physically and psychologically demanding sometimes and it would definitely help if you found a way to become more relaxed. That would be good for both you and your customers who came to your place to relax after a rough day.
If you find something that helps you, please share it with us! Good luck :)
Bychan Wulf wrote:Lol! I was watching Buffy the Vampire slayer and was unable to find subtitles....so I had to learn English better. Good thing many spells were also in Latin which is very close to may native tongue.
You're a smart girl! It definitely helps when you can get the meaning of words that are similar to your language. That at least gives you a hint and the meaning of other words can be guessed easier.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Mr Crowley wrote:A waxing moon:

A waning moon:
Good to know that! Thanks!
moonraingirl wrote:Did my spell work? Here are Day 1 results. I had a very pleasant day despite the fact that we had less customers compared to an average day. I listened to the radio which got me into a good and active mood (a station with happy music and funny speakers) and I think I was quite pleasant in most cases. There were two customers who annoyed me a bit (tried not to show it) but I remembered my determination and I was able to get back to positive state after a while. I also think I managed to get a new customer because I gave her a small present- a pretty cover for ugly pictures that are on cigarette packs in my area. Things like picture of lungs with tumour, a man in coma, etc. The lady was so pleased by this little gift that she thanked me 3 times and smiled ear to ear. I think she was a first time customer and I made a good impression.
I'm happy it worked so well! Keep the hard work of not letting people’s attitudes to get to you and you will soon be one of those people who can really change your day,in a good way!
smogie_michele wrote:I like the idea of spell work to be better at your job. It is self improvement, and it probably wouldn't hurt to take a page from your book and apply it to my life. I would like to be a better server and bartender, to be more friendly and helpful. I think the spell sounds lovely.
Smogie,the attitude of a bartender or waiter can change your day. I experienced it last year. We had a bad day,my dad's wallet was stolen and we were far from home. We went into a restaurant to get something to eat and the waiter had a great day or it seemed like it. He was funny,sarcastic and open to everything. We left that place with a smile,despite of the misfortune.

moonraingirl wrote: It definitely helps when you can get the meaning of words that are similar to your language. That at least gives you a hint and the meaning of other words can be guessed easier.
That's true. It wasn't so nice though,when the movie started talking about gypsy magic and used my native tongue for casting those spells. :roll:

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”